Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Noises, Shakes, and Codes, OH MY!! (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/noises-shakes-codes-oh-my-61286/)

jrobida 04-25-2015 01:25 PM

UPDATE....

I installed the shift solenoid assembly from the junk yard and replaced the valve cover gasket, and upper and lower spark plug tube seals. After doing all of that the Accord is now running quite well and shifting nicely as well.

Thank you to everyone for your advice!
Jake

poorman212 04-26-2015 05:53 AM

Sounds like things are better now.....thank you for following up, too many times we never know how it turns out.

jrobida 04-26-2015 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by poorman212 (Post 359056)
too many times we never know how it turns out.

Having been on that side, I always make it a point to give a final update. Thanks again!

NorCal Accord 04-26-2015 12:52 PM

I don't know about the regulator....coupe doors are longer than the sedan doors so the regulators are different.....sean

NorCal Accord 04-26-2015 12:54 PM

I see that you also have an EX....are you also a member over at EX-500 dot com?

jrobida 04-26-2015 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by NorCal Accord (Post 359071)
I see that you also have an EX....are you also a member over at EX-500 dot com?

I believe I am, yes, but I haven't been on there in awhile. I haven't ridden in awhile as the bike has its own suite of issues, too... Needs tires, oil change, brakes, etc... Runs great though so I don't have the desire to get rid of it.

Regarding the window, I'll start another thread so as to keep separate issues, well, separate.

Jake

NorCal Accord 04-26-2015 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by jrobida (Post 359072)
I believe I am, yes, but I haven't been on there in awhile. I haven't ridden in awhile as the bike has its own suite of issues, too... Needs tires, oil change, brakes, etc... Runs great though so I don't have the desire to get rid of it.

Jake

I post there pretty frequently under the name Apriliarider. I just got rid of my EX though. Sold it to an EX member who goes by the screen name Saabnut. Mine was in a sorry state though. He got it running already and was able to register it. Seems there are rather large number of EXs in the Bay Area that have issues with their titles and/or frames.........sean

jrobida 04-26-2015 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by NorCal Accord (Post 359074)
I post there pretty frequently under the name Apriliarider. I just got rid of my EX though. Sold it to an EX member who goes by the screen name Saabnut. Mine was in a sorry state though. He got it running already and was able to register it. Seems there are rather large number of EXs in the Bay Area that have issues with their titles and/or frames.........sean

I'm not aware of any frame issues with mine, but it is fugly after the previous owner dropped it on either side several times. It needs plastic pretty much all around, needs the small frame that holds the mirrors to the windshield, etc. It's legal to ride around here in its current state, but it is definitely not pretty. I'd probaby just get rid of it, but it runs so strong that I can't help but want to refurb the body and make it nice again, haha.

If I remember to later I'll look you up over there.

Cheers,
Jake

NorCal Accord 04-26-2015 02:14 PM

Oh the frame issues I'm referring to aren't physical. For some reason there are issues with the numbers and the guy I referred to has several that he can't title for that reason....sean

jrobida 04-26-2015 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by NorCal Accord (Post 359082)
Oh the frame issues I'm referring to aren't physical. For some reason there are issues with the numbers and the guy I referred to has several that he can't title for that reason....sean

Ohh, ok. My mistake. I didn't have any issues titling mine here in Colorado. When I bought it though the guy did give me some bs story about the mileage on the dash vs. the mileage on the title. I ended up having to title it as not actual which was disappointing, but oh well I suppose.