General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ocational sqeaking noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Default Ocational sqeaking noise

For a while now i've had this loud squeaking noise coming from the engine (belts maybe) or maybe the fan in the front of my car. It was most present in the cold, such as mornings in late fall, almost every morning in winter and throughout the day. It also begins to squeak when it is raining out. I have noticed when i am running at a higher speed (highway) the noise dissipates, but once i slow down again it usually returns. Its an automatic, 4cyl, 2 door, '02 Honda Accord. I am trying to learn to maintain my car myself and hope there's a semi-simple explanation to this. I did search a little bit on the forums here for this problem but nothing quite similar came up, maybe i didnt type in the correct key words, but if anyone could help me or redirect me that would be awesome.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Sure sounds like a belt, cold or when wet it makes a noise. Still hard to be sure but sounds like the most logical. You can check it/them- not sure if an 02 has more than one- some spray on the belt while the car is running to see if the noise happens or goes away.