General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

OEM Parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default OEM Parts

Hey everyone. Kinda new and Im hoping im posting this in the right area. Im wondering if anyone has any good proven sites/companies to order factory honda parts, particularly 98 accord. Im having some issues with getting the aftermarket boot kit onto the new sensen struts(front) i purchased. Thanks everyone and its nice that people are willing to help someone and give advice and take time out there day to look up, research etc.. to help someone out...like me for example thats trying to save some bucks and do it myself. blah blah, thanks everyone.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Yes this is the wrong section.
I am sure a Mod will move it.
Not really sure what section it belongs in, however.

Anyway I have never personally had to order any OEM parts, I get all my stuff from ebay

However, I have heard good things about majestic honda

Majestic Honda - The Internet's #1 Honda Automotive Parts Store

Old 06-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks again Crispin. Im still fighting with the struts. I figured out today one of the things I missed. It was the washer that sits flush on the strut. I didnt take it off the factory and put it on the aftermarket strut. I actually did look at majestic honda a bit ago. the prices are real good but the shipping is a killer. its more then the parts themselves.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Mr. Magic

What parts are you looking for?

Old 06-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Since I cant seem to figure out how to put the aftermarket boot kit(kyb) on my sensen strut I figured I would try to find a factory replacement that I know will fit cause my old one off the factory does but its torn so I cant use it. So to answer your question it would be the front strut bump stop, some would call it a boot. I believe rubber bump stop is the correct term Mr. Crispin.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:06 AM
Administrator

Both of those parts companies are very good and trustworthy...

Old 06-19-2012, 10:37 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I did check out the sites but after calculating the price + shipping it ended up being about the same price I could get it from my local honda dealer. Which suprised me because dealerships are usually crazy high in prices.
I did finally finish the strut replacement but will post that in the correct section.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

I've seen that happen (prices) pretty often. Not always, so it never hurts to actually call & get prices. Local dealers don't always charge full list price.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:51 PM

Magic, where did you buy the Sensen struts?

Old 08-28-2012, 11:33 PM
Administrator

Sensen Struts..hmmm I'm going to have to Google that strut name..Never heard of them..

Quick Reply: OEM Parts