General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Open door indicator in instrument panel...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 04:16 PM
Default Open door indicator in instrument panel...

I have a 1992 Accord LX 4 door.
A couple of years ago I started to get a false open trunk light in the instrument panel.
The problem has gotten worse, since now it also shows the 4 doors as if they were open.
It does not happen when the car is cold. As it warms up the lights start show stronger and stronger.

I am sure it must be some kind of busted sensor or electronic device

Where can I look?

Thanks

Old 11-27-2006, 05:31 PM
Default RE: Open door indicator in instrument panel...

it's most likely a sensor in one of the doors, check the door frames and you'll see a little "switch" that the door pushes in when it closes and you can usually adjust those a little bit, when the light comes on try sitting inside the car and pull on the doors (even after they are closed) and see if the light goes out, if it does then you know it's just an adjustment issue with that one door or switch, if not then you may have a problem with more than one door.... it sounds like a bad switch to me

Old 11-27-2006, 11:24 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered
Default RE: Open door indicator in instrument panel...

I have the same problem with my trunk. It only happens occasionally, the trunk will be latched shut but the indicator light says its open. Only happens once in a while. I just pop the trunk and shut it again and Im good to go.