General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger headlight not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Default Passenger headlight not working

3small issues 1st.. my clock NEVER turns off. is that normal?

2nd my light on th tranny P R N D4 D3 ect doesnt light

and i have no low fuel indicator light

are these issues normal? not of major concern tho just curious

ok so i bought a 2000 accord like 10 months ago n everything worked fine, i changed my headlight bulbs to silverstars then 2 days later the passenger light went out, i put the stock light back in that side only n it worked hfor about 3 days then went out, i put the other stock 1 in and roughly 3 days again it went out...
I bought TYC projector headlight assembly that came with H1 bulbs n everything worked fine for about a week then the passenger side went out AGAIN.... opened it up and the connector that came with the H1s were bad so i spliced it to the cars harnessn it worked fine WITH THE SAME BULB then 4 days later the same side goes out?

any1 has any clue what specifically i should look 4 to fix this? everything else works fine

Old 02-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Default RE: Passenger headlight not working

You might have some sort of shortage going to the headlight. Another thing you might want to check out are ur fuses

Old 02-06-2008, 11:26 PM

if it was the fuse shouldnt every new bulb not work?

Old 02-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

are you touching the bulb with your bare hands? you shouldnt touch the glass part.

sounds like your cars got a mess of electrical problems. as far as the transmission lights not working, i would pull the dash apart to check if the wires going to that are getting power / plugged in. it doesnt seem likely that every one of those would have burned out.

your fuel light could just be burned out.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:56 PM

Is your guage cluster modified at all? It sounds like two things to me.... The dash wiring or lights is messed up and you're getting some oil/grease on the bulbs when you replace them.

Make sure your grounds are good too....

Old 02-07-2008, 05:11 PM

i never touched the bulbs and the dash is stock both lights ( fuel n tranny) and the clock lights didnt work but i replaced the clock light... it just never turs off

Old 02-07-2008, 05:23 PM

the bulbs in thecluster are like little xmas tree bulbs that go onto some plastic twist locks,theyre probably blown a few of mine have gone out.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:41 PM

Have you looked at the plug? I installed high wattage bulbs in my accord and i melted the harness. So this might of happened to you.I bought 2 plugs off ebay for like 14 shipped.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:29 PM

which plugs would that be? i jus bought HIDs but havent installed them yet.. would that change the plugs or u mean something different?

Old 02-07-2008, 06:49 PM

THe plug that goes in the 9006 bulb, you can get ones that handel heat better and wont melt with higher wattage bulbs. hids are a little different so in am not sure about tho's

Quick Reply: Passenger headlight not working