General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Passenger windows and locks as well as rear windows, locks malfunction. Sunroof also

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 10:29 AM
Default Passenger windows and locks as well as rear windows, locks malfunction. Sunroof also

Hello my fellow honda fans. I have an issue im hoping you guys can help me with. Therr issue is my passenger door and rear right door power locks do not work, neither does the passenger window and right rear window. The sunroof also doesn't work. They all went out at the same time.
I checked the fuses with a circuit tester ther sunroof fuse seems to be fine, but fuses 7-10 on the passenger fuse box weren't lighting up with the tester so I changed them but the functions still don't work. This is a 2012 honda accord.
Please help,
Thank you

Last edited by Tremallory; 08-24-2018 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Title
Old 08-24-2018, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Honda's typically have a fuse box in the engine bay and also under the driver's side of the dash. The under hood fuse box has some bigger fuses that will protect multiple circuits. Make sure you check all the fuses.

Sounds like you blew a fuse, but I wonder why. What did you try to switch on/off when you noticed the windows and locks weren't working?

Old 08-24-2018, 02:36 PM
Default Passenger windows and locks as well as rear windows, locks malfunction. Sunroof also

I've checked all the fuses. They seem to be intact, I haven't checked the relays. I couldn't locate those. The relays for the sunroof and locks. The weird thing is when I checked fuses 7-10 with the light tester they didn't light up at all, I changed those fuses and they still didn't illuminate

Old 08-24-2018, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

That might mean one of the larger fuses is blown. Did you check the fusebox in the engine compartment?

Old 08-24-2018, 05:23 PM

The larger fuse isn't a fuse that you can pull. It seems like bolted in there as an actual relay. I'll upload a picture so you can see. The circles image is what the fuse is.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
That might mean one of the larger fuses is blown. Did you check the fusebox in the engine compartment?
The one in the engine compartment doesnt seem to be one that you can check, it seems to be a bigger part of fuses. I attached a picture so you could see it The circle shows the fuse. I dont even know where to purchase a replacement from

Old 08-24-2018, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

The under-hood large fuse you want to check is Multi-Fuse No. 1 (more specifically 1-2). Multi-Fuse No. 1-2 supplies power to passenger under-dash fuse nos. 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 20, and 21. Removal is with a philips head screwdriver; the fuse is available via the Honda dealerships.

Also, check driver's side under-dash Fuse No. 5 (7.5A), as that is a common fuse for the items you specified.

Attached Thumbnails Passenger  windows and locks as well as rear windows, locks malfunction. Sunroof also-fuse-boxes.jpg   Passenger  windows and locks as well as rear windows, locks malfunction. Sunroof also-under-hood.jpg   Passenger  windows and locks as well as rear windows, locks malfunction. Sunroof also-large-multi-fuse-1.jpg   Passenger  windows and locks as well as rear windows, locks malfunction. Sunroof also-multi-fuse-no.-1.jpg  
Old 08-24-2018, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
Originally Posted by redbull-1
The under-hood large fuse you want to check is Multi-Fuse No. 1 (more specifically 1-2). Multi-Fuse No. 1-2 supplies power to passenger under-dash fuse nos. 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 20, and 21. Removal is with a philips head screwdriver; the fuse is available via the Honda dealerships.

Also, check driver's side under-dash Fuse No. 5 (7.5A), as that is a common fuse for the items you specified.

thank you, I will check it out and let you know what I come back with do you think that will help with the sunroof

Old 08-25-2018, 12:11 AM

Also what does fuse #5 control? It seems like it controls driver side things

Old 08-25-2018, 10:46 AM

I changed that fuse, didnt work so we can rule that out

Quick Reply: Passenger windows and locks as well as rear windows, locks malfunction. Sunroof also