Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   PCM/ECM replacement? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/pcm-ecm-replacement-27549/)

rbrunner 08-24-2009 08:47 AM

PCM/ECM replacement?

Hello. I have a 2003 Honda Accord V6 with 194K on it. I've been taking it to a dealer because the check engine light come off/on. They weren't able to find any codes but thought it might be a O2 sensor or the PCM/ECM.

Now the car is running a bit rough at random times, the rpms drop. I also had the TCS light come on breifly.

So I'm thinking its the pcm/ecm. The cost at the dealers is :eek: a little scarey (around $800). Can I buy one on ebay and have the dealer put it in and program it?:confused:

Thanks,
rbrunner

TexasHonda 08-24-2009 07:41 PM

Flashing CEL can be intermittent, and not mean the ECU is dead. I would suggest having codes read immediately after seeing CEL on. Go to Autozone or elsewhere for a code check, or purchase a code reader.

Have spark plugs ever been replaced? If not they are overdue.

good luck

rbrunner 08-25-2009 06:21 AM

Thanks I'll try it. The car was running way wierd yesterday acceleration problems then the TCS light coming on again. This morning made it to work but I'll go by the autozone before a dealer.

mcnoople 08-25-2009 11:05 AM

By TCS light on do you mean it is flashing? Flashing TCS on a throttle by wire car may mean the car thinks you are having wheel spin and is cutting throttle to control it. On your car there is no mechanical link between your foot and the throttle body.

Please describe "running rough"

rbrunner 08-25-2009 02:12 PM

First running rough. The car's rpms will drop from 2200 to 1900 then back up. So the ride is rough not the engine itself.

The odd thing is that when the TCS light is on I cannot disengage it the button remains "on".

My wife thinks that I have a mouse that's eaten/chewed the wires somewhere in the car and that's the problem.. There is evidence of the little buggers but I could not find any obvious damage to any visible wiring.

jiji 09-17-2012 01:34 PM

Hey guys, the resolution to the code p0695 pcm ecm is the "tensioner" Just replace that and your car is good to go. I have had the same problem honda accord 2003 121000miles. The dealer could not resolve it; they kept talking of alternator, battery ground wire...but that never works. The trusth is that they never check the tensioner and that has been the main problem with those models. Replace it ($62) and tell me what your result is.
Jiji

redbull-1 09-17-2012 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by jiji (Post 296520)
Hey guys, the resolution to the code p0695 pcm ecm is the "tensioner" Just replace that and your car is good to go. I have had the same problem honda accord 2003 121000miles. The dealer could not resolve it; they kept talking of alternator, battery ground wire...but that never works. The trusth is that they never check the tensioner and that has been the main problem with those models. Replace it ($62) and tell me what your result is.
Jiji

Not necessarily, what causes a problem in one car does not always result in the same trouble code/problem for another car.

Silver6gen 09-17-2012 03:09 PM

every thing I've heard points to a rodent that has made a meal out of the electrical system...

The other item could be a wheel speed sensor... or possibly the ecu.... but ecu's rarely fail

protosouls 07-03-2017 10:31 AM

PCM voltage

Hello, I am experiencing the same issue with my 2004 Accord V6.

Did you ever figure out the problem?

I have jumpered the hi/low switch and it is broken. But after jumpering it I still have to jumper the relay for the clutch on the compressor. Only after jumpering both together, will the AC run.

The diagnostics I ran points to the PCM not sending the OK signal to the relay. I have made sure the relay works by switching it with a known working one out of another car.

Thanks for any help!