General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

PCM/ECM replacement?

Old 08-24-2009, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Flashing CEL can be intermittent, and not mean the ECU is dead. I would suggest having codes read immediately after seeing CEL on. Go to Autozone or elsewhere for a code check, or purchase a code reader.

Have spark plugs ever been replaced? If not they are overdue.

good luck

Old 08-25-2009, 11:05 AM

By TCS light on do you mean it is flashing? Flashing TCS on a throttle by wire car may mean the car thinks you are having wheel spin and is cutting throttle to control it. On your car there is no mechanical link between your foot and the throttle body.

Please describe "running rough"

Old 09-17-2012, 01:34 PM

Hey guys, the resolution to the code p0695 pcm ecm is the "tensioner" Just replace that and your car is good to go. I have had the same problem honda accord 2003 121000miles. The dealer could not resolve it; they kept talking of alternator, battery ground wire...but that never works. The trusth is that they never check the tensioner and that has been the main problem with those models. Replace it ($62) and tell me what your result is.
Jiji

Old 09-17-2012, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jiji View Post
Hey guys, the resolution to the code p0695 pcm ecm is the "tensioner" Just replace that and your car is good to go. I have had the same problem honda accord 2003 121000miles. The dealer could not resolve it; they kept talking of alternator, battery ground wire...but that never works. The trusth is that they never check the tensioner and that has been the main problem with those models. Replace it ($62) and tell me what your result is.
Jiji
Not necessarily, what causes a problem in one car does not always result in the same trouble code/problem for another car.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:09 PM

every thing I've heard points to a rodent that has made a meal out of the electrical system...

The other item could be a wheel speed sensor... or possibly the ecu.... but ecu's rarely fail

Old 07-03-2017, 10:31 AM
Default PCM voltage

Hello, I am experiencing the same issue with my 2004 Accord V6.

Did you ever figure out the problem?

I have jumpered the hi/low switch and it is broken. But after jumpering it I still have to jumper the relay for the clutch on the compressor. Only after jumpering both together, will the AC run.

The diagnostics I ran points to the PCM not sending the OK signal to the relay. I have made sure the relay works by switching it with a known working one out of another car.

Thanks for any help!