General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLease Help, Im New 1998 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 06:49 PM
jstehle
Unregistered
Default PLease Help, Im New 1998 Accord

Hello I have a 1998 Honda Accord 2 dr coupe, I was wondering if there is suppose to be a light behind the clock in the middle and also a light behind where the milage is. Mine they are not. I was wondering if they are suppose to be like this or not. If they are what can I do to fix it. Thanks

Old 04-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Default RE: PLease Help, Im New 1998 Accord

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1240 -- thats for the clock...dunno about the other one.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:34 PM

I believe there is a light.... It should be visible at night, usually you can just remove the clock and replace the bulb but I seem to recall hearing that it may be a common issue on 98's and requires replacing the stereo since the clock is part of it.... the odometer one is easy, just remove the guage cluster and you'll find it without a problem then just replace it if it's burnt out... check your fuses first to make sure it's not something simple

Old 04-30-2007, 02:06 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

wrap flat bed screwdriver with tape and pry clock out of dash. Once you remove clock, replace light.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:19 PM

My clock light went out on my 2000 LX. I was about to go down to radio shack & get a replacement bulb. One day I disconnected the battery when I was installing my short shift adapter, and the clock light was all-of-a-sudden working again! I think it was a fluke though. It doesn't make any sense why it wasn't working before and now it works after I disconnected the battery. But I have read a ton of posts on here about the clock bulb burning out. You can get a bulb at radio shack for under $2. It is annoying not being able to see the clock at night too. My wife would always be like "What time is it?" cause she new it bugged me.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:30 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

My clock light burnt out too... it happens a lot in these cars... about themillage light, becareful when taking the cluster out.... and don't even touch the needles....Good luck!

Old 05-01-2007, 12:12 AM
jstehle
Unregistered

is there something that could of tied the two together? fuse? wire?

Old 10-25-2007, 02:27 PM
maxtorque02
Unregistered

I know this is an older thread, but just recently bought a 1998 Honda Accord and it had the clock light and the odometer light out which appears to be a fairly common thing. Hopefully this will help anyone that has yet to tackle the job.

The clock light has been discussed and is a very basic and simple project. The dash odometer light is almost as easy. First you need to lower the sterring wheel for best access and thenremove the two screws out of the cluster bezel that are on the top. Once that's done then you can carefully pry the plastic bezel out as it has two clips on the bottom, one on each side. Once the bezel is removed you have 4 screws holding the cluster to the dash. Two on top and two on the bottom. Remove those and then carefully slide the cluster out. You will have to carefully push the wires out of the way for it to slide out to access the back. Once you have it slid out far enough you can rotate itto access it from the back. The bulb on the lower middle is the one for the odometer and it removes by twisting and then pulling out. Install the new bulb and then reverse the removal instructions and you're good to go. From what I can tell these are not aftermarket bulbs and most likely only available at the dealership. I have a wholesale account so my cost was $1.50 for the clock light bulb and $3.10 for the odometer light bulb.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:31 PM

Thanks man! I know a lot of people will appreciate that!

Old 12-12-2007, 02:33 PM

Yea, no kiddin. I didn't even know those things were supposed to light up. lol. I feel like an idiot. I think I'll be stoppin' by radio shack on the way home. haha. And I'll go ahead and dismantle my gear shift and replace that one too...

Quick Reply: PLease Help, Im New 1998 Accord