Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Please Help No Power to the Driver side Fuse Box (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/please-help-no-power-driver-side-fuse-box-48676/)

redbull-1 07-07-2012 07:40 PM

The ECU controls the main relay. The main relay operates the fuel pump and supplies power to the injectors. The main relay would not cause you to lose power to the fuse box, interior, etc.

So, what describe more of your symptoms; for example:

• Does car start?
  • Does Check Engine Light turn on for around 2 seconds and turn off; or does it not turn on at all; or does just stay on?
  • Like PAHonda asked earlier, what components are still getting power? Headlights, etc. Give us details, the more the better. The car has various circuits; so, more detail will help narrow the circuit.

RomeoOG 07-07-2012 08:17 PM

There's absolutely no power to dash when I turn key to on position, everything remains dead. check Horn still working small lights are control by the passenger fuse box so the lights still works, check headlights and driving lights still works, power lock works, Power window don't work power to the inigtion don't work well I think all those related to the one that control the fuse box.

redbull-1 07-08-2012 09:45 AM

It sounds like the problem is in the ignition switch (battery) circuit.

If you have a voltmeter, multimeter, or test light; check the fuse(s) to see there actually is power running through. For example, at the under-hood No. 21 (50A) large fuse I previously referred to. Attach the negative lead of the tester to chassis ground, then touch the positive lead of the tester to one side of the fuse, then touch the positive lead to the other side of fuse. There should be power on both sides of that fuse.

RomeoOG 07-08-2012 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by redbull-1 (Post 288346)
It sounds like the problem is in the ignition switch (battery) circuit.

If you have a voltmeter, multimeter, or test light; check the fuse(s) to see there actually is power running through. For example, at the under-hood No. 21 (50A) large fuse I previously referred to. Attach the negative lead of the tester to chassis ground, then touch the positive lead of the tester to one side of the fuse, then touch the positive lead to the other side of fuse. There should be power on both sides of that fuse.

I actually try that the fuse is fine and I tested on that and also on every fuse including the 100A fuse, I even took out the 21(50A) fuse and jump the wire see if thats the problem nothing move still no electrical going through the inside. (can''t believe trying to fix one thing and **** up another thing)

RomeoOG 07-08-2012 10:51 AM

you know what fuse or relay controls the brake light and cruise control?

redbull-1 07-08-2012 11:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by RomeoOG (Post 288355)
you know what fuse or relay controls the brake light and cruise control?

The No. 5 (20A) fuse in the under-hood fuse/relay box affects the brake lights.

The No. 6 (15A)fuse in the driver's side under-dash fuse box affects the ECU and cruise control. The No. 9 (7.5A) fuse affects the cruise control indicator light in the instrument panel.

I don't believe there are relays in the brake light switch circuit or cruise control circuit.

RomeoOG 07-08-2012 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by redbull-1 (Post 288358)
The No. 5 (20A) fuse in the under-hood fuse/relay box affects the brake lights.

The No. 6 (15A)fuse in the driver's side under-dash fuse box affects the ECU and cruise control. The No. 9 (7.5A) fuse affects the cruise control indicator light in the instrument panel.

I don't believe there are relays in the brake light switch circuit or cruise control circuit.

Its raining over here right now, and I just went out and double check every single fuse and they all are good on the driver side, on the passenger side all works I check the fuse under hood earlier took it off brake light goes off put it on it went back on.

Is there a fuse in between the fuse box outside and the fuse box inside where the driver side?

RomeoOG 07-08-2012 03:15 PM

Redbull-1

I finally figure out my rooky mistake, feel like a dump ass and really thanks to you and apreciated all your help. When I did the tests with the wires on the ignition somehow I move the loom of wire that hook up to it and it turn on the radio, and while doing the black wire test and other test I move it and some how the whole car came back on. I look down where the fuse box is and the whole loom of wire from the steering has a big connection that goes in the back of the fuse box was loose so I push it hard back in and wala everything is working again LOL.

Thanks alot again.

redbull-1 07-08-2012 03:17 PM

Glad you figured it out and reported your fix. :)

Recklesshonda 02-24-2013 07:16 PM

Same problem 92 accord how can I fix it

I have the same problem with my 92 accord. What should I do?