General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help No Power to the Driver side Fuse Box

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Default Please Help No Power to the Driver side Fuse Box

Hey people,

Usually I can figure out whats wrong but I have try everything I can and still at lost, Its a 99 accord LX Sedan...

Lately I notice that my Cruise Control don't work so last night I came home from work and decided to check it out, I been reading and research on the web and going off that I have learn to check for. Anyways first thing I did was change out the bulbs on the master witch on the left handside of the steering wheels.

Next thing is I pull out the switch that goes to the brakelight switch well its tight as a **** from being in there for so long, anyways I got it out to test everything test ok. So I decide to take out the brake light switch itself to see how it is. Anyways the bolt that holding it was another **** to get it loose but I got it off while doing all this my dump *** left the keys on and was listening to the radio.

Anyways When I try to put everything back now I have no power to the interior or the fuse box on the driver side the one underhood and on the passenger side still gets power. I have check every fuse and all fuse is fine. Have I burn out something? Can anybody body point me in the right direction. Also I thought the old brake light switch was the problem so I took it apart so Its **** up so I went and got another one still no power to the inside when I turn the key to on nothing is on, horn still works when open the door lights turns on.

Is there a relay or something that controls everything else?

Last edited by RomeoOG; 07-07-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

what year, model, etc... accord do you have?

Old 07-07-2012, 04:47 PM

1999 accord LX

Old 07-07-2012, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

V6 or 4 cylinder?

So none of the fuses in the driver's side fuse box have no power?

What components inside of the car are not getting power now?

Old 07-07-2012, 05:15 PM

V4,

turn the key on no power no radio, no dash lights, is there a relay that controls main relay?

I even took the Main relay off and check the inside nothing look burn. Put Brake light after install new unit works but still no power.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Double-check the No. 21 (50A) large fuse in the under-hood fuse box. See attached pics.

If replacing, disconnect the negative battery cable first before working on it.

Attached Thumbnails Please Help No Power to the Driver side Fuse Box-under-hood-fuse-box.jpg   Please Help No Power to the Driver side Fuse Box-checking-large-fuse.jpg  
Old 07-07-2012, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by redbull-1
Double-check the No. 21 (50A) large fuse in the under-hood fuse box. See attached pics.

If replacing, disconnect the negative battery cable first before working on it.

Already check Fuse still good, check every other fuse also still good thats why im lost not sure which one runs the fuse box inside.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:20 PM

Any other place that runs electrical into the interior and fuse box?

Old 07-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator

The No. 21 fuse in the under-hood fuse/relay box was one that ran power into that side.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:43 PM

Does the main relay has anything to do with it?

Quick Reply: Please Help No Power to the Driver side Fuse Box