General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power steering combination pipe replacement help requested

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Question Power steering combination pipe replacement help requested

I have a 1990 Accord 4DR LX K4AT Sedan.

I have a power steering fluid leak at the junction between the rubber hose that comes up from the gear and the metal pipe which is called the power steering combination pipe. I thought the leak was going to be in the hose so I put a new one in and it leaks just the same. I now think the leak must be in the last inch of the combination pipe itself. This is in the line that goes eventually to the cooler. I could not see any hole before I put the new hose on the pipe.

I bought a new combination pipe and I want to install it but I don't see how to connect the hoses that are attached at the other end and go to the cooler. It looks like I have to remove some parts to get access to the hoses that connect the combination pipe to the cooler.

Can one of you mechanical geniuses tell me how to do this please ? Should I remove the driver side headlight or the front bumper ? I don't know if either of these will be enough as those hoses are really buried in there. As you may imagine I'm at the outside envelope of my limited mechanical skills on this job.
Thanks,
Polydamas

Old 06-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Wish I could help, went and looked at the 3rd, and 5th gen's I have and compared that to the pic I found of your part....completly different between all three (two I have and yours)....