General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Window

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 03:12 AM
St3v3
Unregistered
Default Power Window

1997 4 door SE Accord - Drivers side window will go down but no go back up, all the other windows work fine. Is it the switch or motor? If its the motor can someone give me instructions how to replace it once the door molding is off? Thanks

Old 06-05-2006, 04:46 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Power Window

ORIGINAL: St3v3

1997 4 door SE Accord - Drivers side window will go down but no go back up, all the other windows work fine. Is it the switch or motor? If its the motor can someone give me instructions how to replace it once the door molding is off? Thanks
when you say it will not go up.. do you mean not at all ?? or not all the way closed ??

Old 06-05-2006, 03:00 PM
St3v3
Unregistered

The window will not go up at all....but will go down fine.

Old 06-05-2006, 03:51 PM

yea sounds like a motor. desert may already have a write up for that

Old 06-05-2006, 10:22 PM

before you condemn the motor,, make sure that you are getting power to it, ..

question ....you say it goes down,, how many times have you put it down and if more than once how did you get the window up ??

if motor can roll indow down than it is not a bad motor,, again chk to see if motor gets power and ground ..on the way up, could be a dirty switch on the up position cutting power to motor

Old 06-05-2006, 10:35 PM

park car in garage. (leave Garage door up)
start car.
turn on lights.
try to roll up window. If lights dim replace motor or repair track. If not check for power.

Old 07-06-2007, 04:28 AM
HondaHookup
Unregistered

I am curently having this same problem on my 95 accord wagon lx , were i thought it could eather be the regulator/motor or the switch. The problem started when my driver side window would go up real slow and after a few weeks all of a sudden it wouldnt go up at all but it would still go down. Now this driver side master switch also makes the pasengers window go down but not up also, but the pasengers own control lets it go up or down. Thats how i think it might be the switch and not the regulator.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:44 AM

Okay,

It could very well be the motor (regulator). Guess how I know!!. Nutshell: About 4 months ago, my window wouldn't roll back up...or down. just got stuck. With the help of this forum, I discovered the problem was a frayed wire on the regulator. Ordered a full lifetime warranty replacement. 70 bucks. Installed it using Sir_nasty's DIY regulator install thread (search it). Was great for a about 3 months. Starting about a month ago, the sucker would roll down fine, but would not go back up...easily. Lots of crunchy. It got progressively worse. Down fine, up.....not fine. SO this weekend, I took the new regulator out, and sure enough.....it was frayed again. ANNOYING!! My new one (lifetime warranty) is on the way.

I would check your switches first. But DO NOT rule out the regulator if it will go down but not up. All you need is a 10mm socket and screwdriver. It helps to have someone there to catch the window when you detach it from the regulator.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:24 AM

did you clean the track when you did the regulator?

Old 07-06-2007, 11:09 AM

what track are you talking about?

The regulator replacement comes with the main track (with the pulleys) that attaches to the inside of the door and window (in the middle). I did clean the rails with dry lube while I was in there.

Quick Reply: Power Window