Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Power Window Motor 2003 Accord EX 4 dr (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/power-window-motor-2003-accord-ex-4-dr-32081/)

Jeff247 04-26-2010 04:45 PM

Power Window Motor 2003 Accord EX 4 dr

A friend of mine, who is a very good mechanic, is going to replace my rt passenger side front power window motor. Is it common to just replace the motor and not the regulator? I have a 2003 Accord EX 4dr 4 cyl.

Is their a good online store for Honda Parts? Thank you

hondadude 04-27-2010 08:06 AM

Hmmm, I'm about 99% sure that motor comes as a unit with a new regulator.
There are a few Honda dealers that have online parts catalogs, Majestic Honda is one of them
"hondaautomotiveparts" DOT com.

Jeff247 04-27-2010 09:12 AM

Motor & Regulator for Power Window

Most sell either motor or regulator with motor. The motors are anywhere from $65-$110 for rebuilt motors. Plus $30 core charge that will be refunded with old motor. Reg+motor $90(ebay)-$200 (autozone).

I may just go with a local NAPA dealer motor at $97. I don't want to do this again and I will have someone to talk to if things don't go well!!

My friend just thinks it's easier to do just the motor if the motor is all you need. I wouldn't mind doing the regulator too, while I have the door apart, but it sounds like it's a lot more hassle.

billcrs 05-18-2010 04:39 PM

Satisfaction

After reading a few posts throughout the site, just saved about $200.00 by replacing the passenger window regulator/motor on my son's 2000 Accord. I should say I saved $160.00 because I had to spend $40.00 on the plastic trim around the door handle. I didn't realize you had to push it to the left to remove it. Thanks for all the info on the site!

WheelBrokerAng 05-18-2010 04:46 PM

Very Good That Your Happy

Keep coming in the forums and talking with the members about things..add something if you have something that's helpful...

WheelBrokerAng :)

Chirobc 06-14-2012 05:36 PM

Right Front window problem

Roll up my window last night as I get home from work and there is a loud bang. Having many POS's in the past I know this is not good. This morning the window is halfway down. Take off the door panel and see the top cable has broke. My question is can you just replace the cable or do you have to do the whole regulator assembly? On a scale of 1 to 10 DYI wise where is this project a 1 being replacing the cabin airfilter?
FYI car 2004 Accord EX V6 no Navi.

redbull-1 06-14-2012 07:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Chirobc (Post 285213)
Roll up my window last night as I get home from work and there is a loud bang. Having many POS's in the past I know this is not good. This morning the window is halfway down. Take off the door panel and see the top cable has broke. My question is can you just replace the cable or do you have to do the whole regulator assembly? On a scale of 1 to 10 DYI wise where is this project a 1 being replacing the cabin airfilter?
FYI car 2004 Accord EX V6 no Navi.

If the cable you are referring to that is broken is part of the power window regulator assembly, then you have to replace the assembly. See attached pic. of regulator assembly. If you are talking about some other cable, then a picture would help us determine what else you are referring to.

Removing the door panel is already part of the job. With the panel off, I would estimate the job a 4 or 5 on the scale. If you didn't know how to take off the panel, then a 6 or 7.

This link shows Dorman's instructions on replacing the front regulator.
www.dormanproducts.com/DigitalAssets/Document/741-306_IS.pdf

In step 8, you only have to remove 4 of those bolts, and loosen 3 of them. The three bolts that are loosened are used to hang the regulator and motor in place during removal and installation. I edited their picture to show which ones (see attached pic.).