General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pressing lock button on the key twice and the horn stays on

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Default Pressing lock button on the key twice and the horn stays on

On my 2003 Honda Accord if I press the lock button on the key twice the horn stays on.

I have to open the car with the key in the door lock then turn the ignition to on to stop it.

I checked all my door switches and tried to locate the hood switch but cant seem to find one. Is it possible the LX does not have a hood switch?

What else could cause this type of behavior? Is there a rest sequence I need to perform to reset the security system.

Thank you in advance.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Hi new Member..Welcome to the HAF...

One or more of the members who have that model like yours will see it soon and help you out with your answer..

Have a great day ..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 11-19-2013, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

Is your car a V6? If so, then it should have the factory installed security system. Only EX, all V6, and Canadian LX-G models came with the factory installed alarm. The security system hood switch is built into the hood latch. If the alarm goes off, it will continue for two minutes, then the system resets. To reset an alarming system before the two minutes have elapsed, unlock either front door with the key or the remote transmitter.

For models that did not come with the factory installed security system, it can be added on as an accessory. The security system hood switch is an optional extra to the accessory security system. These are the installation instructions for the add-on system and hood switch:

http://www.handa-accessories.com/accord/03-Security.pdf

http://www.handa-accessories.com/acc...HOODSWITCH.pdf

Normally, if any door, trunk, or hood (for systems with the hood switch) is not fully closed, the system is not suppose to arm.

It sounds like your system is arming and there is something triggering it.