General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

problems removing center panel

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 09:47 PM
evs
Default problems removing center panel

Ok, i decided to change my aire filters but damn its been tough for me... i removed the panel below the glovebox but this little screw you see in this pic: www.syclone.motocrew.com/CG5/acfilter/ac1big.jpg fell and now i need to remove the center panel to get it. With a flat tip screwdriver i poped off the front part but i cant remove the back... as i can see it does not have screws but i just cant pry that thing off, are there any more screws or i just have to give it a harder tug???!!

help!

Old 10-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Default RE: problems removing center panel

what year/model?

Old 10-12-2006, 09:54 PM
evs

accord coupe 99 V6

Old 10-12-2006, 09:58 PM

here's a guide for you then... follow that link then download the PDF for 99-00 and it's got pictures and text walkthrough of the removal, super good stuff

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/Honda/Accord.html

Old 10-12-2006, 10:03 PM
evs

that didnt solve my problem, i dont want to remove that panel... the one i want to remove is the one the guy is pulling in the pic i posted...

Old 10-12-2006, 10:07 PM
evs

if you dont know just forget it, i came up with something... ill use magnetic tape to get that screw back!

Old 10-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

That panel has 4 clips, one at each corner. Pop out the top 2 then reach in the bottom, grab, and pull. They can be a bit tight.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:46 PM
evs

yeah, i got pissed and pulled and they got off! Now i encountered another problem... 2 screws holding the metal bar infront of the filters are to tight... ill give it a try tomorrow morning with an electric drill.

The funny thing is that the filters i bought had instructions for how to do it and it said 30 to 45 minutes. Difficulty: very hard. I was like yeah right, ill get this done in 15! I had like 2 hours working on that thing!

Oh another thing, i removed all the gloveboxes screws and I still can get it out... dont understand why.. if i move it around it moves free so i supose it does not have any screws holding it but when i try pulling it out i cant. Maybe i just need to really pull but im kinda scared of breaking something.

Old 10-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I guess it will be a cold day in hell when members 1st step is to look in the DIY section,,,,,,,,,
if you go there on page 2 ( HOW to replace cabin air filter .)..............there is a link ,click on it,it has a full write up with nice looking pictures

once the lower panel is out, the re are 4 screws inside where the glove box is, 3 screws on the bottm ,,, leave the center screw in the middle top ., no need to remove it. you got to tilt the glove box to the left ( rt side up ) there is the gove box lite switch that sometimes it makes a bit harder to pull out the glove box .. you kight have to get under the dash and unplug the connector and gently put the box to give it a bit more clearance..
As for those 2 phillip screws that are hard to remove,, if you do not have a good screwdriver, get some wise grips and undo them that way ......
and not to put any more salt in a wound but it should not take any longer than 15 minutes to replace those cabin filters ,,

just relax,, if you get frustrated , walk away before you brake something, get some to drink ( NO... NOT A BEER ) calm down ,and after a bit go back to the job ...

Old 10-13-2006, 12:37 AM
evs

thanks desert, tomorrow morning will be a fresh start for me and that glovebox.

Quick Reply: problems removing center panel