General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PS fluid and ac filter replace

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 07:46 AM
surajsss
Unregistered
Default PS fluid and ac filter replace

Hello,

I have an Accord SE 2000. Have put on 81K miles on it. Been to the dealer for service. He recommended changingac filter and doing ps fluid flush.
He had already done ps fluid flush at 60K in 2004. Also, I believe ac filter is changed at every 30k service.
Do you guys recommend getting it done ? If I have to DIY, where can I get the parts ?

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:42 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: PS fluid and ac filter replace

By AC filter, do you mean the refrigerant or the cabin filters. I don't think that our cars would have a refrigerant filter unless the compressor has fried before. The cabin filters are easy to DIY and there are write-up on how to do it. If you searched, I think you were calling it by the wrong name. You can get the filters online or at the dealer. The carbon filtration ones are technically the best, but then again, how pure can the air in the car be? Every time that you open the window or the door, there is a large airchange. I have cheepie filters that cost me ~20-25 shipped.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:46 AM

If you just had the ps fluid flushed 20k ago, I don't see why in the world you would need to do it again so soon. Did you mention this to the dealer? They should show it on their records if they did the flush 20k ago.
As falkore said, there is a write up on changing the cabin air filter if that is what you are referring to.Justsearch through the DIY section.

Old 09-14-2007, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

... and remember that the cabin air filter (6th-gen)is really 2 filters.So wherever you buy them, make sure they know you need a pair.

And... what does the PS fluid look like? Maybe he's notrecommending the flush because of miles, but maybe because it looks all dirty.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:21 AM

Good point Jim ...... is there ANY recommended PS change interval???

Old 09-14-2007, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

I've NEVER found a scheduled interval for PS fluid in any car I've ever owned (not just Honda). That's unbelievable to me. I refuse to believe that the fluid is good "forever"...

Old 09-14-2007, 12:06 PM
Newest Of Newbies

JimBlake,
I recently replaced my cabin filter and was only given one at the parts counter. So you're saying there's two; please explain. I didn't see where another one would go.

Thanks,
Rob C
2003 Accord LX, 4-cyl., auto

Old 09-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

The original poster hasa 2000 Accord (6th-gen) That takes 2 skinny filters insertedtogether in the air duct. One filter only fills up 1/2 of the slot.

Your 2003is a7th generation Accord, it takes one single filter with about the same size as the other 2 combined.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: JimBlake
... and remember that the cabin air filter (6th-gen)is really 2 filters.So wherever you buy them, make sure they know you need a pair.
Good advice JimBlake. The parts store I went to for my cabin filters tried to sell me a box that contained only one, so I asked for a different brandand sure enough that box containedtwo!

Old 09-14-2007, 05:11 PM

there is a write up on our DIY section on how to replace cabin filters..you can buy filter at Auto Zone .. fairly cheap..
As for the p/s fluid Honda does not reccomend in their scheduled services to replace it, BUT if it looks real nasty , replace it ..use ONLY honda p/s fluid ..

Quick Reply: PS fluid and ac filter replace