General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Question about suspension

Old 09-26-2005, 02:00 PM
MrJim
Unregistered
Default Question about suspension

Hello everybody! I´m new in this forum and want to ask you some questions about the suspension of my ´95 Accord EX coupe. I´m the second owner and the car has almost 95.000 miles. I´m pretty happy with it, but not so much with the suspension. I think is some kind of unsteady after 100 miles per hour and I´m afraid to going faster.

I went to check the springs and the whole suspension, and they said it was ok for an almost 10 years car. They told me to replace ir or repair it to put it like new if I am very strict but it´s no neccesary. The local mechanich told me he could make it harder and lower if I that makes me more secure.

What do you guys think about it? I would like to have it lower a little bit (1 inch) and harder. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Old 09-26-2005, 09:56 PM
Default RE: Question about suspension

Welcome,
if you want to just drop the car an inch, look into just buying some lower springs. this willl lower the car and give you a firmer and more responsive ride. It is th elowest cost option for you as well.

if you want to go with real perfomance, then get a coilover kit, this lowers the car to any height you want and gives you adjustable damping performance. it is more expensive, in the 700 to 1500 range
depending on the qquality of the coilover kit.

i wnt with option b for myself using tein super street dampers coilover kit. im delighted with the look and the perfomance, It really depends on what your looking for.

good luck

Old 09-27-2005, 12:58 PM
MrJim
Unregistered

Dear Dinzer: Tks for the information. I will buy some lower springs as you wrote and later post some pictures of the car. Thanks again!

Old 09-27-2005, 09:13 PM

your welcome, the idea here is to share info and experience, look forward to seeing your car.