General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Question regarding parts demand...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 02:53 PM
Default Question regarding parts demand...

Hello All.

I've been searching through these forums for the last little while. I have a 1994 Accord that I'm about to acquire with the intention of parting it out. I don't have the exact condition of the vehicle yet, but it's on the way. My question...is this vehicle worth parting out?? Do any of the members here need particulars from an Accord of this genre?? The car is located in Toronto, ON, Canada. If anybody can suggest whether or not it's worth it to part this vehicle out please let me know. To my knowledge, it is a complete black on grey cloth vehicle with a dead motor.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 12-31-2006, 03:42 PM
Default RE: Question regarding parts demand...

Well idk about this but im sure there is alot of aftermarket stuff around like bodykits turbos and engine swaps available. And by worth is do you mean "bang for my buck" or "itll be really sweet" that might help us too. because if you went all out you could spend atleast 10k

Old 12-31-2006, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

he means would it be worth it to buy to sell the parts, not trick out.

Old 12-31-2006, 03:59 PM

ORIGINAL: live2rice

he means would it be worth it to buy to sell the parts, not trick out.
Thanks.

Old 12-31-2006, 04:12 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Well the parts for the Accord aren't all that hard to come by, just check out the ads on this site and the listings on eBay. Basically to get rid of them you will have to sell them super cheap. If you have some extra money, and need a reliable car I would say to make that beast live again! But then...if that motor is dead it probably means the car wasnt taken care of all that well. Just check it out and see which suits you.

Old 12-31-2006, 11:48 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

don't waste your time

Old 01-01-2007, 12:45 AM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Yeu, you're so negative. LoL. It depends on what model Accord it is, how much you picked it up for, what condition it is in, and how much of the motor you can part out.

Old 01-01-2007, 01:30 AM
Administrator

Now that we understand what your going to do with your car,,,,I shall move it to another area for you..

Thanks For Posting:
WheelBrokerAng
Happy new Years!

[IMG]local://upfiles/22/8B913B29885C406286F5E1421E4D179C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-01-2007, 11:29 AM

Hello All! Happy New Year! Much appreciated on the comments. I've got some more specs for you all.

It's a 1994 Accord EX-R Auto Sedan. Black on grey cloth, VTEC motor w/working spool valve. After careful inspection, the vehicle seems to have snapped the timing belt and the valves have hit. I haven't removed the head, but I dumped the oil pan and an inspection revealed loads of little metal fragments, and a cam lobe. Crap.

I suspect the head requires replacement at the very minimum.

The body, interior and electronics are all mint. Now, the owner wants $1500 as is. Worth it or no?
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-01-2007, 12:31 PM

I think I would call that one a fixer.......I would make it run again, not part it out.

Quick Reply: Question regarding parts demand...