General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions concerning '13 V6 Transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Default Questions concerning '13 V6 Transmissions

I currently have an '05 LX-SE V6 coupe with 113k miles that I've had since new. I've had to replace a transmission seal (don't remember which) twice. It ran a while with low tranny fluid but not so low that any lights or indicators went off. It's never given my any trouble in any way since I bought it other than the seals. I've read several places that the Honda automatics they put in Accords are problematic once 120k-130k miles are reached. Also, adding power adders are a big no-no because it can barely deal with the power from the factory. My first question is should I be worried about the reliability of this car?

I've been debating pulling the trigger on a '13 Accord EX-L V6 but since honda has a bad reputation with their automatics I'm worried that if I get one it might have the same rep. Are there any reported problems with this year's automatic? How much faster is the MT than the AT this year? Thanks.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not sure where you are getting your information or opinion on Honda auto trans? Ok, the 98-02 Accords (and some others in that same year range) did have issues.

I'd put the auto trans in a 5th gen (94-97) up against almost anything else out there. The newer ones, 03 and up, seem to have the same reliability as the older one.

At ~113, IMO - you should hve already changed the timing belt and that. At the same time you should have had the trans fluid drained and filled at least twice. This is normal maint for the car.

My point, if the 05 has been taken care of, it will last many more years. If you are wanting a new car...then the '13 would be a good choice........Not sure if that was of any help or not?