General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radiator Fan Doesn't Turn On

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Default RE: Radiator Fan Doesn't Turn On

DH, I understand that both fans are suppose to come on. From my schematic, I could not see where the two systems are tied together except at the point where power is supplied to the respective relays. Thanks Jim for pointing out that the low pressure interlock may be keeping the condensor fan from turning on. DH, I checked the condensor fan independently and it turns on so, since I have no pressure in the A/C system, it is probably the low pressure interlock that is preventing the condensor fan from turning on when the radiator fan does. Can I jump the interlock to see if this proves out?

Old 08-23-2006, 12:31 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: JimBlake

ORIGINAL: deserthonda

OK let me say it ONE LAST TIME............BOTH fans are supposed to be on when coolant reaches a certain temperature,, wether you have the a/c on or not BOTH fans are supposed to come on at the same time ..........

chk to see if you are getting power and ground at the motor that does not work..

if you are,, you got a bad motor

if not could be the fuse, relay, wiring
Yes, when the AC is working properly. Check wiring drawing for your year; the AC low-pressure interlock might be preventing the other fan from running. Remember, when the AC is OK, the low-pressure switch is closed even when the AC is switched off.
JIm. i will tell you what i have said already

BOTH FANS ARE SUPPOSED TO COME ON AT THE SAME TIME ...WETHER THE A/C SYSTEM WORKS OR NOT.........AGAIN BOTH FANS ARE SUPPOSE TO COME ON AT THE SAME TIME REGARDLESS OF A/C CONDITION,,,,,,,,,,,,

Old 08-24-2006, 11:41 AM

I followed the procedure in the DIY section for over heating to trouble shoot the radiator fan relay earlier. Is there a similar procedure to trouble shoot the condensor fan relay?