General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Window Not Going Up

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Default Rear Window Not Going Up

Hey! well, I havent had the best of days today, why? because my rear left window stopped working! (and I am trying to be as positive as I can) So, the window had been having some troubles for the past couple of days, and today I rolled down all the windows, when I tried to roll them up, that one didnt roll up at all. I took off the door panel and looked for any type of problems, and since my knowledge about cars is not very high, I am coming to you guys... HELP! please and thanks in advance...

Old 06-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Default RE: Rear Window Not Going Up

If you hear the motor click or groan under load, the window regulator (motor and mechanism that drives power window) likely has failed and will need to be replaced. It could be stuck due to debris or jammed window glass guide channel. If you hear absolute silence, you could have a bad fuse. I assume you have checked both LR window switch and driver's door switches to raise the window?

If motor was having difficulty earlier, regulator may have failed under the strain. I've had two regulators fail due tooutside teenager holding the window while inside teenager attempted to raise the window. I was not pleased.

good luck

Old 06-27-2008, 05:22 PM

TexasHonda: thanks for the quick reply!

Sorry to hear about the teenagers... I would never accept that kind of behavior coming from anybody....

So back to my window I checked the rails, no debris, and i saw that the window moves a tad bit if i try to move it side to side, i hear no clicking or groaning whatsoever, but when i press DOWN i hear a slight, almost silenced click, but im guessing thats normal being that the window is down and it cant roll further down... if i press up, nothing happens, no sound or click, nothing. So, what i need to do today, is roll the window up any way possible!!! Checked all fuses (all ok)... [&:] what could be wrong? i hope nothing has to be replaced, i am a student with a lack of money, and i live in a small town on the coast of mexico, and that only means, no hope for finding honda parts...

Old 06-27-2008, 06:43 PM

Yes!!! I found the problem, it was the piece that connects the wires coming from the 2 cables out the bunch that are in the door and the regulator (im guessing). That piece went bad!!! So its all good now, I can go out tonight!!!

Old 06-27-2008, 08:42 PM

[align=left]Hey guys, After thinking everything was under control, Im back with another problem, It seemed like it was too good to be true when my window rolled up just fine after connecting the regulator directly to + & -, when i tried connecting the regulator wires, and the wires that come from the bunch, it rolled down fine after i pressed DOWN, but as i pressed UP, again, nothing happened, my window was stuck!!! So, i left the 12+ connected, and the ground from the regulator, I pressed against a bolt from the door, and it rolled up just fine... [&:] but again, it didnt want to roll down!!! So Im stuck again, but feelin better with my window up I appreciate any help, So thanks again in advance!!!

[/align][align=center] [/align]

Old 06-28-2008, 06:38 AM

I think your door switch is bad. Have you tried operating from driver's door control? I have had some luck removing and cleaning switches (if accord switches can be opened) to clean contacts and reassemble. Delicate work w/ tiny parts so take your time and work on a towel to avoid losing parts.

good luck

Old 06-28-2008, 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: TexasHonda

I think your door switch is bad. Have you tried operating from driver's door control? I have had some luck removing and cleaning switches (if accord switches can be opened) to clean contacts and reassemble. Delicate work w/ tiny parts so take your time and work on a towel to avoid losing parts.

good luck

Thanks for all the help TEXASHONDA, Id be lost for sure, without your help!!!! Accord switches CAN be taken apart and cleaned, pretty easy to do, but to my luck, that wasnt the problem... After the switch was cleaned and installed back, the switch would work for rolling down the window, but not up, I also tried the drivers door window control, and the same thing happened. So now I have come to the conclusion that the problem is the ground, but this is where it stumps me, if it were the ground then the window wouldnt roll down right? so right now, part of my brain is telling me to leave the window up and put everything back together, but it wouldnt be right, to not have a working window... [sm=lame.gif]

Old 06-28-2008, 04:37 PM

Ground path is common to all window switches, so ground path is OK. Likely the fault is the driver's main control LR door Up switch is failed open (or dirty) in OFF position. Ground path for rear switches is through the driver's door master control up/down switches in OFF position. Suggest same fix as LR switch panel, remove, inspect, and clean.

Above is difficult to understand w/o a wiring diagram, so suggest:
If you can do the work you've done so far, you can use the wiring diagram from 94-97 manual to help you understand the problem. Either download the manual from hondahookup.com or PM your email address to me and I'll email the wiring diagram as a single document.

good luck

Old 06-28-2008, 05:43 PM

Well I took off the master control and found all type of s**t in the thing, I was actually sicked out man, disgusting!!! right now Im cleaning it... alright so I just sent you a pm TexasHonda, and Im thankful for the help and the diagram!!!

Old 06-28-2008, 07:04 PM

After cleaning the master control inside and out, and installing, everything worked perfectly Even the door panel went in real easy!!! So thanks again for the help TexasHonda!!!!!

Quick Reply: Rear Window Not Going Up