Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Which repair manual do you prefer? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/repair-manual-do-you-prefer-8524/)

00AccordLX5spd 03-29-2007 04:41 PM

Which repair manual do you prefer?

Which repair manuals do you guys prefer. Haynes? Chilton? Any others better? I bought a Chilton for the my 95, but my 98 is really the car a want to "play" with.

sir_nasty 03-29-2007 05:01 PM

RE: Which repair manual do you prefer?

Personally I look for the one that's more model specific to my car.... meaning some of them will try and include 4 different makes/models of vehicles over like 5 years since they all have similar engines and that just makes things a pain (especially wiring diagrams which I hate as it is...)

kornfox 03-29-2007 05:19 PM

Ive always been a fan of Haynes rather than Chiltons. It seems to be more informational and has a smoother process. Just my 2 cents.

Shadow1992 03-29-2007 05:22 PM

I always liked Haynes just for general knowledge. But if it's something you want to 'play' with, I would get several different kinds as well as seeign if I can get the Honda service manuals dealers use. The more sources of info you have the better.

00AccordLX5spd 03-29-2007 05:46 PM

Yeah I was leaning more toward Haynes. I was not all that impressed with the Chilton I bought for the 95 - not model specific as sir_nasty said. It is for late 80's to 95 AccordsAND Preludes. The only reason I bought it was because I wanted it that day and I couldn't find a Haynes. I think I am going to order a Haynes to begin with. Try to skim most of it. Then I may look into the manuals dealers use if I feel like there is more I want to know that I couldn't find in the Haynes.

PAhonda 03-29-2007 06:27 PM

I would vote for Haynes too, but nothing can beat the detail from the Honda shop manual specific for your car.

JimBlake 03-30-2007 02:18 AM

The best ones are from www.helminc.com- Haynes or Chilton are no comparison..

WheelBrokerAng 03-30-2007 02:48 AM

*JimBlake has one of the best there that he linked up for you.
I personally use AllData.com for my working knowledge.
Info is correct and you cant beat the pictures and there feedback to your questions...*

WheelBrokerAng [sm=bounceybounce.gif]

deserthonda 03-30-2007 03:45 AM

ORIGINAL: JimBlake

The best ones are from www.helminc.com- Haynes or Chilton are no comparison..

Totally agree with Jim,,,,,,helm is the one that is used at dealerships,, also you should buy the ETM ( electrical troubleshooting manual ) from helm inc as well ,,if you plan on doing a lot of work yourself

00AccordLX5spd 03-30-2007 11:55 AM

Thanks guys for your input. I actually went to AutoZone last night to buy a new battery and serpentine belts for the 95 Accord. While I was there I went ahead & picked up a Haynes for my 2000 Accord. I already like it better than the Chilton I bought for the 95.
I will probably order a Helm online in the near future as I have not seen any in stores around here.