General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacement muffler size

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 11:35 AM
Default Replacement muffler size

Hello,

I'm looking to get a replacement muffler for my '94 Accord LX, and I was hoping to get some info about what "size" is right. On the product description, I see a measurement for "inlet." However, I'm not sure if that refers to diameter or length.

So my question is, do all mufflers have a standard inlet diameter? Besides that, are there any other specs that I should take note of? If it helps, I'm looking to get a Cherry Bomb Turbo (simply because it's cheap).

Thanks guys!!

Old 09-11-2014, 06:38 PM
Almost A Senior Member

If your going with a turbo I would get a bigger exhaust system then stock just because stock are choked up and your cramming alot of air into the motor.

To answer your question I believe stock size is 2inch but I got a full system direct fit and it works awesome for really cheap here

http://www.protuninglab.com/engine-catback-exhaust-honda-accord-1994-1997.html

You can even go cat back if your cat is good.

I really like the one I got. It has removable silencer if you like it loud. I leave mine in. It has nice throat but not real ricey sounds

Old 09-12-2014, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by jroxz44
If your going with a turbo I would get a bigger exhaust system then stock just because stock are choked up and your cramming alot of air into the motor.
I'm mostly concerned about keeping the noise of my car down, so I'm not trying to change the exhaust system. That said, which model of the Cherry Bomb would you recommend?

Originally Posted by jroxz44
To answer your question I believe stock size is 2inch but I got a full system direct fit and it works awesome for really cheap here
The previous owner had a hack job done when replacing the muffler, so basically the stock was cut off and the replacement welded on. So it looks like I'll have to have this new muffler welded on as well.