General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Replacing Manual Climate Controls With Automatic?

Old 12-27-2006, 01:12 AM
dorknob
Unregistered
Default Replacing Manual Climate Controls With Automatic?

Is this possible? I have an '02 Honda Accord that has a stock, manual climate control panel. This year, among others in its' range (98-02), provided an upgrade option at the dealer for a digital, automatic climate control. I've found these units on eBay priced between $30-$100 +, but wondered if it was possible. I found a listing that also showed front and back pictures of the unit, so - before I bought it, I removed the center stereo bezel and clock so I could examine the rear of my unit (um, lol, that sounds weird). Irregardless, the manual unit which I have now has 2 wiring harnasses that plug in. The new one (automatic) also has 2 harnasses but are of different shapes and sizes. Is there anyone out there willing or have had this experience in doing this type of upgrade and what modifcations are necessary?

Old 12-27-2006, 08:24 PM
Default RE: Replacing Manual Climate Controls With Automatic?

do a quick search in the forum for this... someone was trying to do it a few weeks ago, I'd say your best bet is a junk yard since I would assume that there is temp sensors on drivers/passenger sides, then you can get everything in one shot for a decent price, or look in the parts for sale section on here for a wrecked one