Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   right window switch on main control (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/right-window-switch-main-control-65967/)

dennyimr 07-25-2018 06:23 PM

right window switch on main control

Hi, I have a 2015 accord sedan ex- l, 4 cyl, auto trans, 38K miles, kept it after lease ended. Today, the right window switch on the drivers side door main control stopped working. Neither up, nor down. Everything else works fine. The right door window switch works fine also.
Any troubleshooting suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, dennyimr

The Toecutter 07-26-2018 02:48 PM

Is it possible you turned off the "master" switch, that basically disables the window switches?

Seanjordan20 07-26-2018 04:16 PM

Could be water damage. That switch might be bad if everything else is working as it should

redbull-1 07-26-2018 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by dennyimr (Post 381509)
Hi, I have a 2015 accord sedan ex- l, 4 cyl, auto trans, 38K miles, kept it after lease ended. Today, the right window switch on the drivers side door main control stopped working. Neither up, nor down. Everything else works fine. The right door window switch works fine also.
Any troubleshooting suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, dennyimr

Try resetting the power window switch. At the driver's master switch, lower the right window and hold for 3 seconds; then raise the window and hold for 3 seconds. If that doesn't fix it, then do the same procedure at the right window switch.

jdlarsen 11-13-2020 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by redbull-1 (Post 381538)
Try resetting the power window switch. At the driver's master switch, lower the right window and hold for 3 seconds; then raise the window and hold for 3 seconds. If that doesn't fix it, then do the same procedure at the right window switch.

redbull-1, sorry to revive an old thread, but I joined this forum because of this post. I was just about to drop $140 on a replacement master door switch and this one short answer buried at the bottom of my last search result fixed the issue. My front passenger switch on the drivers side master was not working when all other switches worked...even the passenger switch on the front passenger door worked, so I knew the motor was fine. When I came across this thread, I did exactly as you said in your reply and holy crap, it worked!!

Thank you so much for saving me the hassle and cost!

redbull-1 11-13-2020 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by jdlarsen (Post 392589)
redbull-1, sorry to revive an old thread, but I joined this forum because of this post. I was just about to drop $140 on a replacement master door switch and this one short answer buried at the bottom of my last search result fixed the issue. My front passenger switch on the drivers side master was not working when all other switches worked...even the passenger switch on the front passenger door worked, so I knew the motor was fine. When I came across this thread, I did exactly as you said in your reply and holy crap, it worked!!

Thank you so much for saving me the hassle and cost!

You're welcome. The info. is actually part of Honda service instructions.