General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

right window switch on main control

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 06:23 PM
Default right window switch on main control

Hi, I have a 2015 accord sedan ex- l, 4 cyl, auto trans, 38K miles, kept it after lease ended. Today, the right window switch on the drivers side door main control stopped working. Neither up, nor down. Everything else works fine. The right door window switch works fine also.
Any troubleshooting suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, dennyimr

Old 07-26-2018, 02:48 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Is it possible you turned off the "master" switch, that basically disables the window switches?

Old 07-26-2018, 04:16 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Could be water damage. That switch might be bad if everything else is working as it should

Old 07-26-2018, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dennyimr
Hi, I have a 2015 accord sedan ex- l, 4 cyl, auto trans, 38K miles, kept it after lease ended. Today, the right window switch on the drivers side door main control stopped working. Neither up, nor down. Everything else works fine. The right door window switch works fine also.
Any troubleshooting suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, dennyimr
Try resetting the power window switch. At the driver's master switch, lower the right window and hold for 3 seconds; then raise the window and hold for 3 seconds. If that doesn't fix it, then do the same procedure at the right window switch.

Old 11-13-2020, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by redbull-1
Try resetting the power window switch. At the driver's master switch, lower the right window and hold for 3 seconds; then raise the window and hold for 3 seconds. If that doesn't fix it, then do the same procedure at the right window switch.
redbull-1, sorry to revive an old thread, but I joined this forum because of this post. I was just about to drop $140 on a replacement master door switch and this one short answer buried at the bottom of my last search result fixed the issue. My front passenger switch on the drivers side master was not working when all other switches worked...even the passenger switch on the front passenger door worked, so I knew the motor was fine. When I came across this thread, I did exactly as you said in your reply and holy crap, it worked!!

Thank you so much for saving me the hassle and cost!

Old 11-13-2020, 12:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jdlarsen
redbull-1, sorry to revive an old thread, but I joined this forum because of this post. I was just about to drop $140 on a replacement master door switch and this one short answer buried at the bottom of my last search result fixed the issue. My front passenger switch on the drivers side master was not working when all other switches worked...even the passenger switch on the front passenger door worked, so I knew the motor was fine. When I came across this thread, I did exactly as you said in your reply and holy crap, it worked!!

Thank you so much for saving me the hassle and cost!
You're welcome. The info. is actually part of Honda service instructions.