General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

It is a sad sad sad day

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 06:34 PM
Default It is a sad sad sad day

It pains me to write this post, especially through all the tears <sniff sniff>, but she is gone.

My beloved 2001 Accord EX, 5 Speed, 4 Cyl died in a tragic accident involving a guardrail. My wife was driving her to work and hydroplaned trying to barrel through a deep puddle and hit the guardrail with the passenger front side of the car <the wife is alright, thankfully, but "she" didn't fare as well>.

I can't post any pictures, its just too painful. The quarter panel was smashed into the door, the hood folded in half, headlight assembly shattered. The air box disconnected from the car, the tire, it was too horrific to see. Front bumper, gone.

We met on Memorial Day weekend 2001, it was sunny day and love at first sight. We've been through a lot, career changes, children being born, funerals, weddings, birthdays and more...... 256,000 miles of pure joy. She loved a fresh oil change and new tires and purred when you let her run free on the interstate. She didn't like the garage but liked to bathe in the sun. She was never sick, never took a day off, never failed to start, never left me stranded.. She will be missed.

Cherish your Accord daily, she can be taken from you in an instant.

<sniff, sniff>

Old 06-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Always sad news, all my accords have left me as well, but they have just gone to new homes.

But don't worry you still have the brick. The Volvo 240 wasn't built to last, but to outlast.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Dang, that is sad news....but I am glad "she" did what she was suppose to do and give herself to save the people in the car....or plain and simple.....the fact your wife is ok....well the car is a friend but at the end of the day it can be replaced with "something".....where people can not.

I will never own a Subaru, just me. An owner/driver of one lost control, all in the car were killed. My oldest son (at 22 and seen in my avatar) was a pass in the car and was killed.

Hug the wife, because you can, and tell her not to worry about the car, worry about getting better.....the car can be replaced...she can't. I hope she gets better asap. Please keep us updated on her....either here or in the Off Topic section.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:45 PM

Poorman, I told her the same exact thing. In the end it is just a car, it can be replaced. She was fine, just shaken up, but she was more afraid that I was going to be pissed because she hurt my "baby" lol. It was sad to see her go but we had a great time.

My thoughts are with you and your son, the fact that he had the guts to serve makes that even more tragic. We can never thank them enough.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Ok, glad to know she is ok......sorry for adding my "baggage" to this thread....I shouldn't have done that.

Even if you don't get another Accord, you are always welcome to "check in" and help out

Old 06-04-2013, 05:32 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by mamtsberg
My beloved 2001 Accord EX, 5 Speed, 4 Cyl
<sniff, sniff>
Good luck finding another 6gen 5 Speed. Very few in the classifieds these days.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:03 PM

poorman - no need to apologize, that is hardly baggage, they are just cars and yes we buy them to get us to where we need to go but more importantly we also buy them to keep our families safe. My Accord did both.

Mystic - indeed hard to find, she was hard to find to start with, took the dealer a couple days to locate one for me.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by mamtsberg
It pains me to write this post, especially through all the tears <sniff sniff>, but she is gone.

My beloved 2001 Accord EX, 5 Speed, 4 Cyl died It was sad to see her go but we had a great time.

Great post.
Best wishes on your next chapter.
Kinda hope you get another Accord you can stay on here ...