General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seatbelt warning light and alarm

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Default RE: seatbelt warning light and alarm

I hear ya Nasty, but I dont think that would be an issue. Back to the "go fast" thing. If you gave someone some tips on how to install a cat-back system and some dipstick drove off a mountain, you wouldnt be liable.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:27 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

driving recklessly might be more dangerous, but if you get in even a low-speed accident without wearing a seatbelt, your screwed. even at 15 mph, say goodbye to your front teeth. their guna be embedded in the steering wheel.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=42e_0pzcLkw 'nuff said.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:33 PM

nice clip.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:14 AM

I do agree with sir_nasty. In our world of frivilous lawsuits, you never know what you will be sued for. Working in the insurance claims industry has opened my eyes to this even further.

P.S. sir_nasty, I too smoke like a train. I never smoke in the house though.I swear I vacuummy car all the time but those ashes just get everywhere! I need to quit soon too as Iwill have a newborn in the house in a few weeks.
Plusthe CEO of the company I work forgives me crap about it cause he used to be a heavy smoker and quit a long time ago (former smokers are the worst for giving you crap about quitting!)

Old 10-29-2007, 11:28 AM

ORIGINAL: droussel

Hi,
Of course one should wear their seatbelt. In the case that you are like me and you just don't want an inanimate object telling you what to do, but would like to be responsible in your own right without being blackmailed into it through irritating coersion, the following steps can be taken to disable the alarm without wire cutting or splicing:
1) Buckle your seatbelt and turn the ignition key on.
2) Within 60 seconds, you turn the ignition switch off and unbuckle the seat belt.
3)Turn the ignition switch back on and wait for the seatbelt warning light to turn off.
4) Within 60 seconds, you buckle and unbuckle the seat belt at least 3 times, ending with the seat belt buckled.
5)Turn the ignition key off, and a single chime sounds to indicate that you have accomplished your goal.

Be careful, and make the responsible decision, but do it because its smart not because of coersion.

Thanks.

Does anyone know if this works? I'm not going to do it, but if it does, there's the answer to this thread. BTW, I found it with the search function.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:42 PM

I tried the posting by falkore24 but it didn't work on my 2007 EX-L Accord. I tried it twice: once was turning the key all the way to the off position, and once was turning it 1 click counter-clockwise to whatever setting that is (parking lights?).

I like having the seatbelt light on the dashboard but not the sound. If I'm being picked up while walking my dog 2 blocks from my home and my dog's on my lap, I don't want to be bothered by my car for not having my seatbelt on.

I'm going to try falkore24's suggestiong another time later today. It's not easy.

Old 01-26-2020, 09:28 PM

Instead of giving you a safety lecture, I’ll just give you the answer.
-Underneath your seat, there is a thin black wire that leads to a blue plug, to disable the alarm, all you need to do is unplug that blue plug, and that will shut your alarm up for good.

Old 05-13-2021, 02:32 AM

But will doing this disable your airbag as well?