Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Sent my tranny back to honda dealer (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/sent-my-tranny-back-honda-dealer-11067/)

HondaRacer4Vtec 07-18-2007 10:06 AM

Sent my tranny back to honda dealer

Hey guys, dont knwo if you remeber me but i had a tranny issue that came up on my 2000 accord. Amnyway i sent it back to them on monday and they are going to replace it free of charge due to warrenty on parts on serbvvice. I had arebuilt tranny put in, in april. And in july it broke. dont know if these rebuilt tranny are really bad or i just had bad luck. What i wanted to ask is if i buy a tranny cooler do you think it will really help, on the longevity of the tranny. or are these tranny just doomed from the start?

Chiovnidca 07-18-2007 01:38 PM

RE: Sent my tranny back to honda dealer

ORIGINAL: HondaRacer4Vtec

dont know if these rebuilt tranny are really bad or i just had bad luck.
They've been doing really good on their reman transmissions lately. We have very few of em come back anymore.

smaglik 07-18-2007 03:34 PM

from trolly here, it has seemed like most issues were taken care of with the first replacement...maybe some of those who have experienced it can chime in.

Baker 07-18-2007 07:43 PM

Will a trany cooler help?
My thoughts:
I read that transmission fluids operate at about 200 plus degrees. At that temperature the trany might last 150,000 plus miles. If the trany is operated at say 300 degrees (high speeds, pulling trailers, etc.) the life may be 75,000 miles. A cooler would seem to help. New cars have them.

HondaRacer4Vtec 07-19-2007 01:47 PM

Wow big update guys, honda dealer just called me today, they said there not going to replace whole tranny instead, there going to replace solenoids. I hope this solves the problem. Is this really going to slove the problem with my tranny or are they just putting band-aid on the problem? Sry iam a newb to automatic tranny and how they work.

sir_nasty 07-19-2007 02:05 PM

If that's all that was wrong it should fix it, take it up some steep hills and step on the gas hard, see if it slips or acts normally, watch for abnormally hard downshifts etc.

HondaRacer4Vtec 07-20-2007 07:56 AM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

If that's all that was wrong it should fix it, take it up some steep hills and step on the gas hard, see if it slips or acts normally, watch for abnormally hard downshifts etc.
ok thx Sir Nasty, Ill keep it posted i should get the car back by end of today.

Al 07-20-2007 11:42 AM

Hello everyone,

I am having the same trans problem. My car is currently at the Honda dealer. I purchased a 2003 Accord coupe v6 auto about 2 months ago. The car has 80k miles on it. After buying the car I did a vin search and found out the car was purchased new at a local dealer and was serviced regularly at the same dealer. I got the dealership to print out all of the service records for me. The last service the car had was a trany replacement at 77K miles. I was shocked. I guess I should have done my research a little better. I am new to the Honda world. I never knew about the problems Honda was having with the transmissions until I joined this forum.
Luckily the trans is still under warranty and I purchased a extended warranty with the car.
It should not cost me anything for the repairs.

BTW: I am new to the forums and to the world of Honda cars.

HondaRacer4Vtec 07-20-2007 12:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Al

Hello everyone,

I am having the same trans problem. My car is currently at the Honda dealer. I purchased a 2003 Accord coupe v6 auto about 2 months ago. The car has 80k miles on it. After buying the car I did a vin search and found out the car was purchased new at a local dealer and was serviced regularly at the same dealer. I got the dealership to print out all of the service records for me. The last service the car had was a trany replacement at 77K miles. I was shocked. I guess I should have done my research a little better. I am new to the Honda world. I never knew about the problems Honda was having with the transmissions until I joined this forum.
Luckily the trans is still under warranty and I purchased a extended warranty with the car.
It should not cost me anything for the repairs.

BTW: I am new to the forums and to the world of Honda cars.
Welcome to the fourms al, Yeah these tranny are just bad news, Dont know why the rebuilt ones breeak so fast, i belaive another member here also had the same problem i think it was, yeuemmaimai but i dont really remeber.