General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Shaking in front

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 01:05 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Shaking in front

I have a 1995 accord dx sedan with a f22b2. When i accelerate the front of the car was shaking. I looked for a problem and the driver side inner tie rod boot was broke and inner tie rod had 0 to little greass so i changed it out and my alligment is off a little now but that will be fixed today but now at high speeds on the freeway when i accelerate it shakes. Only between 3k to 5k rpm would that be because i need a new alligment?

Old 10-03-2015, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

If the shaking is the same, then the tie-rod is not the issue. Components that spin cause vibrations/shaking when driving. An out of balance tire, or a worn inner CV joint seem more likely.

Test before replacing. I'd rotate the tires to see if the shaking changes. Check for play in the CV joint movement. Compare both sides to see if you notice a difference. Likely some youtube videos on the best way to test CV joints, so you don't miss something.

Old 10-03-2015, 11:05 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by PAhonda
If the shaking is the same, then the tie-rod is not the issue. Components that spin cause vibrations/shaking when driving. An out of balance tire, or a worn inner CV joint seem more likely.

Test before replacing. I'd rotate the tires to see if the shaking changes. Check for play in the CV joint movement. Compare both sides to see if you notice a difference. Likely some youtube videos on the best way to test CV joints, so you don't miss something.
I changed the axels in july and the tires have been balanced two weeks ago

Old 10-04-2015, 03:45 AM

Hmmm, if that didn't fix it then I'm thinking Motor Mount or sway bar. Just out of curiosity have you had it checked to see if a rim is slightly bent?

Old 10-04-2015, 11:32 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by Foxi D'elegance
Hmmm, if that didn't fix it then I'm thinking Motor Mount or sway bar. Just out of curiosity have you had it checked to see if a rim is slightly bent?
Ive had the wheels for a long *** time now and i havent hit anything with them and the shaking is comeing from the front driver side. And how do i test motor mount

Old 10-04-2015, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

Rotating the tires is the easiest way to verify your tires are still in balance.

What brand of axle did you use when you replaced them?

Old 10-04-2015, 07:31 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Rotating the tires is the easiest way to verify your tires are still in balance.

What brand of axle did you use when you replaced them?
Oe brand from autozone

Old 10-04-2015, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

I'm guessing they are rebuilt CV joints, so check for play. Compare both sides to see if one has excessive play. Rotate the tires to eliminate them as a culprit.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I'm guessing they are rebuilt CV joints, so check for play. Compare both sides to see if one has excessive play. Rotate the tires to eliminate them as a culprit.
Well i checked the play in the cv joints and normal. I rotated tires still happened but then i flushed out my tranny and put new tranny fluid in and it stopped

Old 10-06-2015, 11:59 PM
Super Moderator

Good to hear it is fixed. Thanks for posting the results.

Quick Reply: Shaking in front