General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Short Throw Shifter disappointment

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Default RE: Short Throw Shifter disappointment

Prostreetonlinechanged their web site. Now it says "adapter only" next to Megan Racing Short Throw Shifter. I guess I am satisfied. Anybody think I should still report them to Megan Racing? I mean they offered to give my money back, butI stilldo not think the part I got was made byMegan Racing. I wish I could shrink down this stupid picture soit will fit in the post[:@]

Old 04-02-2007, 03:44 PM

I would contact Megan Racing. Most companies will stamp some sort of label on the product identifying it as their work. Without that who knoes where or how well your adapter was made. At the least you can see if they are an autorized distributor of Megan products.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:27 PM

I would report them too.... that way if it isn't a megan part there is always the slim chance (while you are reporting them) ask if they do really make a full shifter or just the adapter and ask about a discount or something for reporting them.....

Old 04-02-2007, 06:23 PM

Haha..good point. I tried emailing them but there seems to be a problem with Megan Racing's email on their web site. I'm going to try to call them when I get a chance. I'll ask about a "true" short throw shifter while I'm at it. Right now I am SWAMPED at work I just get on here for the few breaks I get in between my frickin phone ringing off the hook[:@]

Old 04-02-2007, 07:45 PM

So I was just looking around on Megan Racing's website and it shows pictures of some of their shifters (they don't show any accord shifters.)
There are a few pics where it looks like the products have been wrapped. Guess what? They appear to be wrapped in that same plastic wrap attached to a thin piece of purple cardboard! Also don't see any stamps or decals. And this in on the Megan Racing Web site. So it looks like what I got probably is a Megan Racing product. I never got through on Megan Racing's email by the way. I just gave up. I don't even think I'll bother calling now after what I saw on the website. Oh well, you live and learn.
I have noticed several people onHAF that don't buy stuff from Megan Racing. I guess I see why!

Old 04-02-2007, 07:50 PM

If you really want to find a full kit/shifter that is balanced etc. look into neuspeed... they're more like $100.00 but it's a better product just be sure you know what you're getting ahead of time....

http://www.1motormart.com/parts/1/19...rt+Shifter+Kit

Old 04-03-2007, 12:00 PM

Thanks sir_nasty. I think I am actually going to put the Megan Racing adapter on. I am just going to keep the necessary tools for install/uninstall in my car just in case the thing pops off or screws up while I am driving. My wife would probably kill me if I spent any moremoney on mods right now as she is 7 1/2 weeks pregnant with our first baby!

Old 04-03-2007, 05:30 PM

congrats man! my baby is 7 1/2 weeks old.... grab ahold of your pants because most women are a pretty rocky ride through their pregnanacy..... or perhaps you'll get lucky and she'll like it...

Old 04-03-2007, 07:41 PM

Haha! Thanks! That's what everyone's been telling me. Already plenty of mood swings, nausea, and headaches. Then there's my wife.........

Old 04-03-2007, 07:53 PM

Watch out for flying objects....

Quick Reply: Short Throw Shifter disappointment