Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Is side mirror on 2006 Accord heated? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/side-mirror-2006-accord-heated-64283/)

Tony1M 02-04-2017 02:46 PM

Is side mirror on 2006 Accord heated?

It's been quite some time since I've last posted. Good to see my timing belt thread is doing so well.

I'm back because my neighbor has an '04 Accord and it needs two outside mirrors. The OEM mirrors are heated, so I'd like to get heated replacements.

One of the current candidates is a pair from an '06 that has a V6 engine.

My questions are very simple.

Does every '06 with a V6 have heated side mirrors? If not, could you please provide a photo of what the mirror control on an '06 looks like and, specifically, please point out the switch or whatever that turns on the heat?

Thanks very much for the assistance.

Tony

PAhonda 02-04-2017 03:25 PM

The switch to heat the mirrors should be on the driver's window controls near where you electronically adjust the mirrors.

When I try to find identical parts, I go to hondapartsnow.com and enter the donor vehicles information, find the part I'm looking for, then write down the OEM part number. I do the same for my vehicle. Identical part numbers will definitely swap.

If the part numbers are different, then I'll look at some of the components to find out what is different. The actual mirror is part number is different between the 03-05 vs the 06-07. Some of the other stuff is the same.

You can also click on the part number and it will list the vehicles it will fit. hondapartsonline.net displays all of the vehicles, where hondapartsnow truncates the list, so this should help.

Tony1M 02-04-2017 03:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by PAhonda (Post 373763)
The switch to heat the mirrors should be on the driver's window controls near where you electronically adjust the mirrors.

When I try to find identical parts, I go to hondapartsnow.com and enter the donor vehicles information, find the part I'm looking for, then write down the OEM part number. I do the same for my vehicle. Identical part numbers will definitely swap.

If the part numbers are different, then I'll look at some of the components to find out what is different. The actual mirror is part number is different between the 03-05 vs the 06-07. Some of the other stuff is the same.

You can also click on the part number and it will list the vehicles it will fit. hondapartsonline.net displays all of the vehicles, where hondapartsnow truncates the list, so this should help.

Thanks! Below is a photo my neighbor just took of his '04 mirror control. Notice the heated-mirror extra portion to the left of the knob. Does an '06 that has heated mirrors have the same switch?

PAhonda 02-04-2017 04:47 PM

Did the same search on part numbers for the switch and they have a different part number. The 04 ends in A01, the 06 ends in C01. Likely slightly different.

Tony1M 02-04-2017 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by PAhonda (Post 373767)
Did the same search on part numbers for the switch and they have a different part number. The 04 ends in A01, the 06 ends in C01. Likely slightly different.

Thanks again.

Tony1M 02-07-2017 09:37 AM

My neighbor bought the '06 mirrors. In short, they are perfect replacements for a small fraction of the price that Honda wants for new mirrors. As a reward, my neighbor treated my wife and I to dinner yesterday evening.

Thanks again, PA.

PAhonda 02-07-2017 06:15 PM

No problem. Glad you posted the results. I figured they would work. I just wasn't sure what the difference was between two mirrors with different part numbers.