General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silverstar Bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Default Silverstar Bulbs?

Just got a set of Silverstar headlight bulbs for my low beams on my94 EX. I have heard some horror storys before of them running to hot and melting thesocketand the wiring. Ive had Silverstars in myhigh beams for about two months and haven't had any problems.Hasanyone hear had any problems with these before?

-Greg

Old 12-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Default RE: Silverstar Bulbs?

Never heard of the silverstars causing that issue, HID's can do that but not silverstars, I've run them in a few civics without issue and I know people on here have them. I suppose if you had really cheap aftermarket headlights it MIGHT but I highly doubt that.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:06 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

...ive always thought HID's ran cooler than halogens.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:27 PM

I've had the silverstarultras for a few months now and no problems. Now you are making me nervous dude. heh.

Old 12-15-2007, 02:56 PM
Almost A Senior Member

I'm also thinking about getting some silverstar ultras for my low beam. Have any of you had issues with them burning out within a year?

Old 12-15-2007, 03:00 PM

I never had issues with mine burning out.... they even survived a car accident (not frontal)

Old 12-16-2007, 02:27 PM

Ive run Sliverstar Ultras In mine for almost a year now with no problems. hell I barely use my high beams anymore.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:58 PM
greencoupe98
Unregistered

Well, my right Silverstar just went out today.[:@] Ive had them for about 8 months. They were working fine, i turned the car off and went to the store, came back and the light was out. It wasnt dimming nor did it flicker, it just went out. Compared to OEM they are much much better, but idk if i want another pair if they are going to keep on burning out every 8 mo's. Im guessing the left one is going to go out soon and ill probably need a new pair.
Is it true that the Silverstar Ultras last longer?

Old 12-19-2007, 09:13 AM

The only aftermarket headlights I had issue with were the Cool Blue Sylvanias, those things only lasted like 6 months and then crapped out within 3 days of each other. the Silverstar Ultras are "supposed" to be longer lasting, almost a year in my car and they havent even shown signs of the dimming yet.

Old 12-22-2007, 12:01 AM

After replacing my Silver Stars 3 times withing two years I decided they were not worth the extra expense and went back to standards bulbs. This was on a 98 Honda.

Quick Reply: Silverstar Bulbs?