General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Since It's My Granddad's Olds Anyway...

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Banned
Default Since It's My Granddad's Olds Anyway...

Sometimes the Accord EX L V6 scats, sometimes, it's sluggish. I just wish that great '05 V6 Hybrid hadn't have been taken out in that wreck last October. I was driving a loaner the other driver's insurance was paying for and had the Honda house find me this car. The only reason I took it was it had low mileage (25k) on it like my old wrecked out car had. They had found an '07 Honda with more HP, but higher mileage. I didn't get that one. I wish now I had.

I've been using Pennzoil Ultra in it, unlike the just plain Pennzoil Synthetic I used in the old car. I can't tell it's helped performance that much and may just go back to the plain Penz. synthetic next oil change. Who knows, maybe the plain is better than Ultra. Any thoughts, anyone?

I thought I would be "smart" and put in some Shell V-Power gas today because I read it had more detergents in it. Mistake Number Two. It seems even more sluggish on that than the 89 midrange octane I had been using. No more V-Power. The only "performance" I saw was how fast my money left my wallet for that stuff.

I've been told to avoid computer chips, okay I will. I won't use a K&N dirt inhaling filter again, that one's out. I don't know what I could do to help this car to have more pep. It's really great most of the time, but there are those times it isn't. And as my first post on the forum said, it's best in city driving. Like most cars, the power and gear shifts get sloppy after being driven in hot weather for a while.

It's a Jekyl & Hyde car... a good performing Honda sometimes, my granddad's Olds other times. Sad.