General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

so my wife just told me I bought a Civic...

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator
Default so my wife just told me I bought a Civic...

Well,OK,I guess it wasn't a complete surprise to me.

2007 Civic LX 5-spd coupe
R-series engine? Didn't know such a thing existed.
Engine compartment looks like a glovebox, not much room.
But wow, I LOVE the seats. Makes the Accord seats feel like a bench.

Nobody in my house likes automatic trannys, so we sold the '98 Accord. Anybody wanna buya set of snow tires or a Helm book?

Old 08-28-2007, 03:11 AM
Default RE: so my wife just told me I bought a Civic...

Those new civics look pretty sweet. So now you just have an 03 accord?

What else about the car civic...how does it drive? how is the mpg. I'm very curious.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

(yeah, now I gotta change my signature...)
I've only driven it about 5 miles so far. Daughter has a hundred or so on it. I don't think it's evenbeen to the gas station yet... I'll try to post more info as I learn it.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:56 AM

Very nice! I'm amazed there are still folks like me that want to drive a manual shift.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:57 AM

Manual is the only way to go!

Old 08-28-2007, 11:59 AM

How much for the Helm?

Old 08-28-2007, 12:09 PM

what size are the snow tires? tread remaining?

Old 08-28-2007, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator

I should have thought about this before posting.

The bookis '98-'99 & I don't know what's different for 2000. Probably some wiring is different. Maybe $40 or??

Snows are Dunlop WinterSport M2 195/65-15 on steel wheels(4-bolt 114.3mm circle)with cheap ugly plastic (walmart) wheel covers. Roughly half tread remaining so probably good forat least 2 winters. I have absolutely no clue what it would cost to ship them but I'm in Ohio.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:00 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: RTexasF

Very nice! I'm amazed there are still folks like me that want to drive a manual shift.
I made both daughters learn how to use a clutch. One really whined about it, said she wanted the automatic. I made her learn anyway then she hated automatic also.

It's funny when she comes in the house giggling about some guy who wants to show off but he can't use a clutch...

Old 08-29-2007, 10:16 AM

I wish my wife would learn how to drive the 5spd. She's always like "I can't do hills." Meaning if she has to stop on a hill, then take off using the clutch, she is terrified of rolling backwards. She doesn't even like being stopped on a hill in the automatic! I have demonstrated time and time again how to use the ebrake allowing you not to roll backwards at all, but she says it's too complicated.
But now when she says: "I can't drive a standard" I reply "No, you WONT drive a standard. There is a difference between CANT and WONT. You just wont even try." She usually gets mad. Apparently she has driven a standard before when she was about 16 or 17. Her highschool boyfriend had a ghey canary yellow Mazda Miata with huge letters that sais MIATA acrodd the windshield. Apparently she was not yet ready and he took her out to drive it in traffic and she stalled it out in the middle of an intersection and freaked out. So now she refuses to even try to drive mine.
I will teach my daughter how to drive a standard when she gets her permit.I hate driving automatics. One day maybe I'll have the money to buy new cars, and I sure don't want to spend all that money on an automatic that I don't even enjoy driving.

Oh yeah...I guess I might have to pass on the Helm. I am too afraid something will be different in my 2000and I will get all confused. Thanks anyway though! I'm sure someone else with a 98-99 will be interested. I bet you would sell it in a hurry if you posted a "for sale" thread.

Quick Reply: so my wife just told me I bought a Civic...