General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Splash Guard Hole Leaking Coolant

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Splash Guard Hole Leaking Coolant

I started to noticed it was leaking coolant under the splash guard out of a hole that it has.it doesnt leak when i drive only when i park.but my coolant tank is full and my radiator is full too. its odd.here are pics of what i mean. and its a 97 accord sedan lx at.this is located under the passenger side thiers a hold on the splash guard itself and i removed it and thiers another hole also. So they both connect together. Does anyone know whats it called or whey it would leak coolant here.And i didnt have the ac on ethier.

Last edited by DADEZACCORD; 03-29-2011 at 07:28 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

Two things.

One the link in the pic's...DELETE it from the post. You are posting way more than you want, IMO.

Second, the pic's of the leak are not that clear. I'm pretty sure you know if it is coolant (green color, sweet smell, bitter taste-it use to taste so much better).

I think you just had another coolant leak, could this be left over coolant spill, from that. If not can you give a little more detail of pic's a bit further out so the location is easier to see.

Last edited by poorman212; 04-03-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Newest Of Newbies

i dont have any links on thier. and 2nd its green color. i didnt post a pik of the leak itself just from where its leaking from and its under the splash guard.i think everybody that has a accord should have this lilttle hole in the splash guard.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not sure about the pics. The link goes to photobucket, but it doesn't seem to "log me in" as that user.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:30 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Ok thier i think that solved th problem. thanks guys.but today no leak from thier very odd.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:50 AM

Wow .picture is too close to tell what or where that is. You stated your coolant reservoir is "full". Is is topped of at the full mark or did you fill it to the top. TRy taking a pic further away with a pointer at the hole where it is leaking. Also take a picture of your coolant reservoir when you say its full. Just want to help.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:23 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Thats under the splash guard passenger side.1st pik is under the hole itself and 2nd pik is from far.you can see the opening of the hole with the wetness around it from where it was dripping from.i think all accord have this hole on the splash guard.it located close the bumper turn signal like 4-5 inches in under the bumper.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:30 AM

suggest pressure check radiator no more than 15 psi. then look for coolant leaks.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:13 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I did i had a leak in a hose somewhere in the upper engine area. hose was replaced. oddly tho it hasnt leaked today at all.maybe their was some extra coolant and it just spilled it out to balance it or somethin lol

Old 03-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

That hole is kinda forward of the radiator? There's no coolant hoses out front. It might have been a puddle of antifreeze laying on top of the splash guard, left over from when you replaced the hoses??

Quick Reply: Splash Guard Hole Leaking Coolant