General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Squeaking noise.. Need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 06:28 AM
Default Squeaking noise.. Need help

Hello,

I have 2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4cyclinder with 33,000 miles. Recently I have squeaking noise from passenger side rear wheel(at least it seems like it) making squeaking noise after 15 to 30mins of driving. The squeaking noise does not stop after 40mins of driving or it stops after I press brake hard. I took it delear and they couldn't isolate the noise at all.
Need help to isolate before my warrenty expires.
Thanks in advance.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Can you drive to warm it up (so it makes the noise) then stop & make the noise by bouncing the car? If so, then do that while looking down there to pinpoint the location.

Or since it's under warranty, you should be able to get the dealer to do just that. If not, maybe call Honda USA & ask why the dealer won't check it out...

Do you have paperwork from the dealer saying you brought it in for that particular problem? If so, then I think you should be good for warranty because you brought it to their attention before the warranty expired.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
Can you drive to warm it up (so it makes the noise) then stop & make the noise by bouncing the car? If so, then do that while looking down there to pinpoint the location.

Or since it's under warranty, you should be able to get the dealer to do just that. If not, maybe call Honda USA & ask why the dealer won't check it out...

Do you have paperwork from the dealer saying you brought it in for that particular problem? If so, then I think you should be good for warranty because you brought it to their attention before the warranty expired.
Thank you for reply..
Squeaking noise only happens in while driving. I can not hear when car is stopped either it's warm or cold.

When I took it to delear, they came back with " no issue found under honda guideline"