General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Srart probem

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 01:50 PM
parrechoaccord
Unregistered
Default Srart probem

Hi: I own a 2004 Accord with 37.000 miles on it,up to know i had no problems at all:
Since I boght the car I alwasy use Arco gasiline the 87 octanane, 2 day ago i used another brand of gas i beleive it was Shell (i put $5.00)
Afterher that the car wont start right away it takes abot 6 or 7 cranks of the start before it starts, is this related to the change of gasoline?
I was looking for answers here in the forum and somebody mentioned somenthing about "fuel pressure leaking dow" or the chk valve in the fuel pump not holding the pressure
Is possible that that is my problem? with the miles i got on the car? Is this a common problem w/the Accord?.
TIA
Miguel

Old 08-25-2006, 07:58 PM
Default RE: Srart probem

If you got some bad gas it's possible that's your issue. There may have been condensation or something in the fuel.... it seems suspecious to me that it started doing that right after you add some "different" gas. I'd try putting a bottle of "heat" in it (water removing junk) and if after that you have the same issue put in a bottle of fuel injector cleaner with the next tank of gas, if the issue persists after that you could have your fuel pressure checked but I'd start cheap first, try the treatments for fuel in the water/bad fuel additive stuff, then the injector cleaner before you waste your money at a shop....

Old 08-25-2006, 09:30 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

try the dealer as well,you are only 1k out of warranty

tell them that you have been having this issue for a while and it is getting worse and worse

thay might do it totally under warranty

Old 08-25-2006, 10:09 PM

hi parrechoaccord.
I have an 05 V6.
My car did that couple times about a month ago.
Its stoped douing it ever since but im gonna be making a trip to my dealer if the problem comes back.
You might wonna look at this or even print it and take it to dealer (they may actualy fix it for free if thats the case)

http://rapidshare.de/files/30771659/...rting.pdf.html