General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SRS light

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 02:58 AM
Default SRS light

Recently the SRS light on my 02 accord turned on and stays on does anyone know how to clear it or why it might be on?

Old 06-06-2006, 03:06 AM
Administrator
Default RE: SRS light

Hi Member...Why would you wish to clear it without knowing even why it came on.
The idea with these lights and codes coming up is to take care of the problems that makes them come on in the first place.

You can go to AutoZone and for $ 69.00 buy yourself a cheap code reader which has the clear function on it..problem is that you shall still have the problem...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 06-06-2006, 12:46 PM

Hi Member...Why would you wish to clear it without knowing even why it came on.
The idea with these lights and codes coming up is to take care of the problems that makes them come on in the first place.

You can go to AutoZone and for $ 69.00 buy yourself a cheap code reader which has the clear function on it..problem is that you shall still have the problem...

WheelBrokerAng
Thats true does anyone know why the srs light would come on?

Old 06-06-2006, 01:44 PM

I don't know if this applies to that specific year/model but in some of them there is sensors in the seat and if a person is sitting on the side for example or if you somehow turned it off then it would/could come on.... once again I don't know about this one... go down to autozone and they will read the code for you for free... then post it here and we can tell you...

Old 06-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

call the local dealer might be under warranty

Old 06-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: 2002haccord

Thats true does anyone know why the srs light would come on?
The trouble code will tell you.

Old 06-07-2006, 04:36 AM
jhopper1
Unregistered

in my case in the past few months before a honda co recall on the SRS systems. prior to the recall, they just said that they had to reset the computer. kinda like the radios for example with cell phones (that lil tapping you used to hear from cellular interferance). check on your warranty and you may be able to get it replaced and updated for free. maybe even a refund.

Old 06-07-2006, 04:16 PM

Mind use to flash and I think it had something to do with the seat belt, if I un hooked and fasten it again it would stop.

When I disconnect the air bag to change my steering wheel it stayed on. I took it to the dealer and had it reset for 80 bucks, after trying to reset it with my code reader. I has nothing to do with the ecu there is something under the hood that they tap into.

Old 08-17-2006, 07:00 PM

JHopper1, or anyone else, can you expand on this recall on the SRS system? My light came on today for no apparent reason (drove back to work from lunch it was off; got in 2 hours later and it stayed on). I'm not really willing to pay a dealer to reset a light when I can do it myself, but if there's a recall then I can use that. I looked up stuff and the only thing I could find for an acknowledged problem was this: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr...h&summary=true (which wasn't a recall).

Thanks!

Old 08-17-2006, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

Ask the dealer about the recall. Because they'll want your VIN so they can look it up.

While you're on the phone with the dealer, ask them about the seatbelts & SRS system being WARRANTIED for the life of the vehicle...

Quick Reply: SRS light