General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SRS light

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 02:19 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default SRS light

Watsup guys 95 Accord EX Coupe 4 cyl Automatic. SRS light on when I bought the car. Went through all the wiring in the interior. Tried resetting the light by jumping the connector, didnt work. If theres an easier way id rather diagnose this myself than pay local honda to do it labor rates are such a rip off. I know sometimes the ABS module light will blink and let you know the code not sure if the SRS module does the same? The car appears to have been in a front end collision at some point. Not sure if this car has a impact sensor mounted to the front insulator but I havent gone through any SRS wiring in the engine bay area. Thanks for reading

Last edited by TransAmVII; 10-08-2016 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-08-2016, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

If you short the connector that you use to read engine codes, the SRS light will also blink codes. Find the link in the common diy thread on top of the gen tech help forum on checking engine codes.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:14 PM
Newest Of Newbies

thanks dude I had no idea the SRS light would flash with the check engine light in an older vehicle youtube videos can be so misleading..

Old 10-11-2016, 03:03 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I appreciate your input PAhonda but your information wasnt correct, as I had originally researched the SRS light cannot be read by jumping the connector in the 95 accord. The light just remained on when I jumped the blue connector. I got quoted for $270 at the local honda for a airbag module, seems pricey might shop else where. If the module doesnt work then ill replace the clockspring. Got quoted for $177 on that piece.

Old 10-11-2016, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

I owned a 95 accord and still have a pdf of the shop manual. The SRS light will flash codes if you jump that service connector if the control unit is working properly.

I'd advise not to test SRS wiring as you may deploy an airbag while testing.

What were the wire colors on the connector you shorted to reset the SRS light? Also, did you do the reset procedure where you jump for 4 seconds, then remove jump for 4 seconds, then jump again? I'll give you the actual writeup if you haven't.

Old 10-12-2016, 03:48 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I know not to probe the connectors, the SRS wiring was simple enough to review. Yes I tried the 4 second reset on the yellow 2 prong connector. Are you suggesting that the airbag module is faulty because it will not generate a diagnostics code?

Old 10-12-2016, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

A bad SRS module is possible.

IIRC, the connector to reset the SRS light is close to the change holder behind the dash. It is not the yellow connector that plugs near the fuse box. Just want to make sure you are trying to reset using the proper connector.

Old 10-12-2016, 04:37 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Yea man theres only one yellow connector that goes to nothing lol. Its mounted in a hollow connector holder on the left side dash frame near the bottom of the driver kick panel

Old 10-12-2016, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

The only other suggestion I have is to check the #1, #2, and #3 fuses in the under dash fuse box to see if they are good. Maybe check the ground at G701 is clean and secure.

Old 10-13-2016, 12:49 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Been through all the fuses. Im sorry I dont have a wiring diagram infront of me where is the fuse youre referring to?

Quick Reply: SRS light