General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

SRS Light On, Please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 05:51 PM
Default SRS Light On, Please help

Honda Accord 95, 2.2 EXI, Auto, RHD, CD5, Australia

SRS light comes on every occurrence of big bump for rough road, last time it came and disappeared next morning.

This time, came back when i hit a bump, then i scratched net, and found reset procedure. here are the problems.

Every time i reset, it blinks twice and SRS comes back immediately

Jumped to service connector and SRS is trowing code 5-2 which indicated control unit failure, i am guessing it could be ground or some sort of wiring/connector problem

where is the SRS control unit located? how hard to remove and reinstall it? i don't want any safety, just turn off this damn light, is there any fuse or wire i can cut to shut off this indicator? Please help

Old 10-13-2015, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

You likely won't get any response on how to bypass that SRS light, because you are disabling a safety feature. If you sell the car down the road, someone could get hurt if the airbag does not deploy.

Definitely check the wiring. If that looks good, you may be able to find a cheap replacement on ebay or a junkyard.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:38 PM

Sorry, out of anger i wrote that, i shouldn't write or think that way, actually it gives so many problem, i would just sell the car in junkyard, wouldn't put anyone in safety issue

in the shop manual, i couldn't find the control unit, where is it located? is it inside steering wheel?

Old 10-14-2015, 06:21 AM

Inside the steering wheel is the cable reel. The SRS control unit should be down low under the radio/center console. It will have all the yellow connectors going into it. Be very careful working on SRS. If you were to deploy it by mistake serious injury and death have been documented many times for mechanics not knowing how to properly work on the system. I will try and check my manuals later regarding your code and try and remember to post back.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:51 AM

Any chance you have or have had an intermittent check engine code? In particular a code for the EGR system? I am after something here so let us know.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:00 PM

thanks Turtle, Australia honda doesn't have any egr system installed, no check engine light at all when i short the service connector check engine stayed on (no blink, no code) but srs gave 5-2

Old 10-14-2015, 07:13 PM

one more puzzle i need to solve

SRS light comes on every time the front left wheel (passenger side) hits a deep hole, its been three times it happened, last two times it went away next morning cold start, but this time it stays on, i am still assuming ground/electrical connection prob

checked under dash fuse # 3, its okay, battery is supplying 12.8V

where would be the GND connection for SRS system?

Old 10-15-2015, 06:24 AM

Try turning the wheel to the right and do the reset procedure. If that does not work try it to the left. If the cable reel is failing it may make contact enough for you to clear it by moving the wheel. It could also be the front left impact sensor wiring/ground issue. I will post more later.

Old 10-16-2015, 04:22 AM

no joy mate, tried and failed both, thanks for ur kind help waiting for ur instruction

Old 10-19-2015, 04:49 PM

please help

Quick Reply: SRS Light On, Please help