Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Sunroof won't close completely (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/sunroof-wont-close-completely-26519/)

dmoak 07-08-2009 09:13 AM

Sunroof won't close completely

I have an 03 Accord EX V6 sedan. When I push the top button to close the sunroof, it won't close all the way. It stops two or three inches short of closing. I can make it close by pushing the vent button so that the rear of the sunroof pops up, then pushing the top button will close it. Is there any way to adjust the sunroof mechanism?

byby3g 11-01-2010 06:42 AM

ahving same issue, havent got to investigate enough but will port my findings. may have to do with 5 pin relay behide drivers side door. Thats my holdup, the white teflon wheel inside door will not rotate to allow opening. everything working ok seems like

themickenzie 04-22-2013 03:57 PM

So have you guys figured out the problem or did you sell and move on, I just now came
across this and im looking in to the moon roof motor calibration,
also could be mixed signals the switch is sending, :/// idk

Dr. Drivability 04-22-2013 04:14 PM

for what this is worth...

Moonroof glass is positioned in the OPEN position (or partially open)

1. Press the moonroof OPEN switch until the moonroof stops in its fully open position.
  2. Release the moonroof OPEN switch.
  3. Press the moonroof OPEN switch again for about 13 seconds .
NOTE: Keep pressing the switch even though the moonroof motor continues to function.

1. Calibration is complete. The moonroof will automatically move to the regular preset fully open position and come to stop.
Moonroof glass is positioned in the TILT position

1. Press the moonroof OPEN switch until the moonroof glass stops in its fully open position.
  3. Press the moonroof OPEN switch for about 13 seconds .
NOTE: Keep pressing the switch even through the moonroof glass will repeat an inching behavior (moving 40 mm , then stopping for 0.4 seconds )

1. Calibration is complete. The moonroof will automatically move to the regular preset fully open position and come to stop.

themickenzie 04-23-2013 07:43 AM

Thankyou for your help!!!!! I will see how it goes!

poorman212 04-24-2013 06:26 PM

The "Dr" is in the house :)

themickenzie 04-25-2013 11:28 AM

Dr. Your information seemed helpful but no
Luck sadly the window still does it.

Sebag75 05-05-2019 10:41 AM

Thank you !!!

Thank you so much it works for my 2018 Accord 2.0!!!
it was rainy day and thanks to you it’s fixed now. Thanks a lot again :)

Originally Posted by Dr. Drivability (Post 319321)
for what this is worth...

Moonroof glass is positioned in the OPEN position (or partially open)

1. Press the moonroof OPEN switch until the moonroof stops in its fully open position.
  3. Press the moonroof OPEN switch again for about 13 seconds .
NOTE: Keep pressing the switch even though the moonroof motor continues to function.

Moonroof glass is positioned in the TILT position

1. Press the moonroof OPEN switch until the moonroof glass stops in its fully open position.
  3. Press the moonroof OPEN switch for about 13 seconds .
NOTE: Keep pressing the switch even through the moonroof glass will repeat an inching behavior (moving 40 mm , then stopping for 0.4 seconds )