Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Suspension problems (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/suspension-problems-20451/)

pshadey 09-01-2008 11:56 PM

Suspension problems

:)I have a 92 Honda Accord Dx F22A1. I have a little suspension problem, my passenger side suspenion rides a little high than the driver side does. the is also some negative camber goin on as well just trying to see what it could possibly be. My guess is a control arm or something in that area... Is it even possible to throw the suspension off just like that just due to a bent lowe control arm. If not what else could it be.......Thanks for any help.. I really want to do the H22 swap but not if the suspension can't be repaired............

falkore24 09-02-2008 08:28 AM

RE: Suspension problems

Original springs? Could be worn out.

xpieceofcralpx 09-02-2008 02:19 PM

hmm , this is similar to my problem to, i noticed about a week or so ago, my front driver side sits about 1/2 - 1" lower then the front passenger side.both rears look pretty even. i changed my springs andshocks about amonth ago. what can be the problem?

falkore24 09-02-2008 02:57 PM

If I'm not mistaken, on the 6th gen 4 cylinder, the engine sits off to the driver side. This could cause the lean. IDk about the 92.

finch13 09-02-2008 03:05 PM

^tranny should balance that out some.... sounds like sagging springs to me. Depending on how the control arm is bent it could also cause a similar effect, but that much, I doubt it. A bent control arm definitely affects handling and the way the car drives. I drove around with a bent one for a month or two, it's noticeable!

xpieceofcralpx 09-02-2008 03:51 PM

hmm, this is real interesting, if anyone has any other theories to my uneven front, post them up!

falkore24 09-02-2008 04:22 PM

If you can, post corner-weights ...... with and without the driver in the car.

TexasHonda 09-02-2008 08:23 PM

Worn bushings in lower arm could cause a sag. Worn or damaged Spring Mounting Rubber at top of strut column. Worn upper and/or lower ball joints.

good luck

Tony1M 09-03-2008 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: xpieceofcralpx

hmm, this is real interesting, if anyone has any other theories to my uneven front, post them up!
Just a suggestion.

When I started a complete front suspension job, the very first thing I noticed was that BOTH front strut springs were broken.

Check for a break near the bottom of the spring, just above where the spring is held by the strut shock. If the spring has that plastic coating/protector, look at it closely for any discontinuity that would indicate that the spring underneath is is broken.

pshadey 09-03-2008 04:38 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions. When i pulled the passenger side suspension apart a while back i found that the springs that are on it seem to be OE.it does pull slightly to the right but i believe thats beacuse the passenger side sits high. It does how ever have KYB GR2 struts on the front(with stock springs). should i just go out and buy some drop(only because i want to lowe it any way) springs and see if it levels it out...... Not sure what is meant by corner wieghts.

Thanks for everything guys