General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Tail Light/Instrument Panel Short

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 03:22 PM
piffmiester2006
Unregistered
Default Tail Light/Instrument Panel Short

My 1995 Honda Accord Ex is currently having a problem blowing the "small light"fuse every time the headlights/marker-lightsswitch is turned on. I have been painstakingly been looking for the short to no avail. Headlights, blinkers, and brake lights work fine. I have been unhooking the electrical wire harnesses to try to and single out the faulty circuit, but have not had any success yet. I know the switch is working properly,and I know that the short is not in the rear taillights or marker lights. I realize that other circuits areincorporated into the fuse andI wanted to see if this had happened to anyone else or if anyone knew how to go about and diagnose this problem. Thank you for reading this and I lookforwardyour response.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Tail Light/Instrument Panel Short

i had this happen to me a while back, everytime i went in reverse the fuse would blow and i would lose the gauges, my problem was a pinched wire.

Old 06-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

aftermarket stereo?

Old 06-04-2007, 07:46 PM
piffmiester2006
Unregistered

Yes, there is an aftermarket stereo. I have bought this car used and it was already installed. The previous owner said that the stereo had been stolen out of the car and when I test drove it it was not there. By the time I had bought it, the cops had caught the crook and the stereo had been re-installed.
I have been looking at the circuit schematics off of a website that I believe you provided, it is what the actual dealership would use I believe. Anyways, I have been able to trace nearly every harness and circuit throughout the car and have been trying to find what I think is a open in one of the wires. I have checked all the grounds and the other circuits shared by the ground and all of which are working fine. There is one thing, before the lights went out, the glove box light would jitter on and off as I drove down the road. From what I can tell, the light in the glove box is on the same circuit as the headlights. I checked it today and it seems fine....

anyways, thanks for your time.

pat