General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

are there any adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Default are there any adjustments

For the windows? I have the passenger rear.....doesnt seem to roll the whole way up....you can see it SLIGHTLY seperated from the top ot the window frame....but only slightly....and it drives me nuts listening to that light whistling coming from there. Also gonna attempt today to see if I can figure out why the passenger rear wont roll up and down.....fronts seem to be ok.....and heard the other day from the sunroof a light whistle....dont really know why thats happening because I have only used it once and it was sealed closed and hadnt made any noise before. Weird.

But I am curious about any adjustments for those other 2 windows. I am about to put the car up for sale and I would like to have as many issues fixed as I can before I sell it.

Thanks

Old 11-20-2007, 01:45 PM
Default RE: are there any adjustments

pop off the door panel and have a look, most of the mechanisims are adjustable either forward or back. Try cleaning the tracks really well first and make sure it's not a piece of the rubber trim pushing it out

Old 11-20-2007, 02:28 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

pop off the door panel and have a look, most of the mechanisims are adjustable either forward or back. Try cleaning the tracks really well first and make sure it's not a piece of the rubber trim pushing it out
tried getting the panel off....not coming off very willingly....removed the 3 screws (door handle, window switch, armrest) and it looks like the armrest is attached somehow else on there...I didnt want to force it so I didnt tug any harder on it. Far as I can tell...nothing appears to be forcing the window to get stuck....just looks as it doesnt roll up all the way....dont know if the window mech just slid dow a notch or what....but since I didnt want to force the panel any harder I put it back together again. Thanks for the advice

Old 11-20-2007, 03:50 PM

there may be a little piece of rubber that is covering a hole that has a screw that holds the door on it goes through the armrest.

Old 11-20-2007, 05:32 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

there may be a little piece of rubber that is covering a hole that has a screw that holds the door on it goes through the armrest.
Yea...there was one in there....as part of the 3 I got out.....couldnt seem to find any others and I actually had the panel pulled out from the door frame.....something inside looks like it was holding it in there....couldnt really tell from my angle......oh well...its not the BIGGEST of deals...just a annoyance. Figures I found a like model of mine last for the same amount of $$ spent....all lowered and cambered right...lip kits, primer blacked and ready to go. Makes me hate mine even more!! LOL!