General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time for 100K Tune up. Any recomendations?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Default Time for 100K Tune up. Any recomendations?

I have a 2003 Honda Accord EX 4 cylinder with 105,000 miles. It has run flawlessly and I want to keep it the way. Other than oil changes and tires, I haven't done much. I am taking it in for a 100,000 mile tune up. I am thinking about just having the drive belt (does it have a timing belt?) and transmission fluid changed also. Most of the miles have been on the highway (as opposed to stop and go traffic). Any recomendations? Thank you.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Default RE: Time for 100K Tune up. Any recomendations?

Replace belts, including timing belts, water pump, spark plugs, air filter, cabin air filters and the t-belt tensioner. Adjust the valves, check radiator hoses. Change tranny fluid (it should be done more frequently than 105k), change coolant and brake fluid.

Old 02-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

98 is spot on that sounds like a good tune up to me

Old 02-07-2006, 03:14 PM

The 2003 4 cylinder has a timing chain as opposed to a belt. At least that's one thing you won't have to mess with. I would also add a 4 wheel allignment if its never been done.

Old 02-07-2006, 06:26 PM

You are right I forgot the 03 and new accords use timing chains.

Old 01-01-2016, 05:15 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by 98accrd
Replace belts, including timing belts, water pump, spark plugs, air filter, cabin air filters and the t-belt tensioner. Adjust the valves, check radiator hoses. Change tranny fluid (it should be done more frequently than 105k), change coolant and brake fluid.
Is coolant fluid same as power steering fluid?

Old 01-02-2016, 05:48 AM

Coolant fluid goes in the radiator and engine block; power steering fluid to steering unit driven by a belt.
Very different.

This is a ten year old thread. Maybe next time, start your own fresh ...

Old 01-02-2016, 02:47 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by UhOh
Coolant fluid goes in the radiator and engine block; power steering fluid to steering unit driven by a belt.
Very different.

Sorry, it's my first time on forum. Thank for the answer. Does annual inspection requires all mechanics to ck all fluids each time the car goes in shop for oil change and for state annual inspection?

Old 01-02-2016, 03:45 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by UhOh
Very different.

Why would mechanic left unhooked power steering hose if it has to be done before replacing belt/tensioner/pump recently then I went to 2nd mechanic for 2nd opinion and he saw PS hose unhooked! What would happen if I never went for 2nd opinion?

I was upset.

Old 01-02-2016, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by rubyshop
Does annual inspection requires all mechanics to ck all fluids each time the car goes in shop for oil change and for state annual inspection?
When you take your car in oil/filter change ask them to check the fluids, usually would be done automatically by mechanic.

No state annual inspection where I live = no knowledge.

Quick Reply: Time for 100K Tune up. Any recomendations?