General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tranny saying bye bye??

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: tranny saying bye bye??

trust me on this one....DO NOT USE A USED TRANNY.... THEY ARE ALL JUNK. just save yourself the headache and replace the transmission with one from a honda dealer or DR evil (preferred route)

Old 11-02-2006, 08:42 PM

3500 (about) at honda for a remanufactured tranny + installation unless u you plan on doing it yourself. that's about half the value of the car right there. might as well start over and take a loss up front.

my buddy took his honda to a shop that specializes in honda and they rebuilt it for 2000 and he's got 30kish on the rebuild and has had no problems. his is a 99 v6 but 4 dr. i got about 2 weeks on this rebuilt one that i bought and it drives fine so far....only time will tell if it keeps going smooth. i drove on my busted tranny for about 1 1/2 months. maybe u can do the same and i can tell you how mine is doing down the road. best of luck dude! let me know which route you go.

Old 11-02-2006, 08:54 PM

or just sell the car before that issue arises....

Old 11-02-2006, 08:56 PM

ORIGINAL: YeuEmMaiMai

trust me on this one....DO NOT USE A USED TRANNY.... THEY ARE ALL JUNK. just save yourself the headache and replace the transmission with one from a honda dealer or DR evil (preferred route)
DO NOT buy the tranny from a Honda dealer too overpriced.......

www.hecreman.com 1-800-831-2223
i have bought trannies from these guys for the past 10 years and yet to have any issues with any trannies from them
Honda use to get their reman trannies from these guys a ferw years back

Old 11-02-2006, 09:01 PM

with the problems we seem to be seeing maybe the would consider becoming a vendor?? Cut the guys not covered under the suit a break on their transmissions...?

Old 11-02-2006, 09:10 PM
evs

Well tomorrow morning im going to call the guys desert was talking about... on a happy note, the car didnt feel to bad today. i just hopes it holds up for a little more till i can get the money to buy another one!

Sir nasty thats a good way out selling the car but theres a thing, in that price range my car is the only one i like and... as soon as they test drive it they will feel something weird unless the guy buying it is a complete idiot.

Old 11-02-2006, 09:14 PM

gotcha.... look at the off topic and general post sections... it would appear that a lawsuit that possibly involves your transmission has just surfaced, get your vin number and go to the website they list and perhaps you can get this covered

Old 11-02-2006, 09:15 PM

here... be lazy I just found it *L*

http://www.hondatransmissionsettleme.../php/login.php

Old 11-02-2006, 09:18 PM
evs

already gave it a try... i tell you, no luck for me

Old 11-02-2006, 11:15 PM

DH there is someone on HT that can get them for $1500 a pop....He works for a honda dealer.......

Quick Reply: tranny saying bye bye??