General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission cooler

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 12:14 AM
Default RE: Transmission cooler

Just ordered mine on amazon w/ the free super saver shipping ftw! Maybe i'll beat falk to it

I'll probably need help myself so I hope someone here can help me if I take pictures and point me in the right direction.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I haven't bought Velo's yet .... he said that he has to go to look at it to verify the model. Cke may very well beat me to it. I've been putting in rediculous hours during the week, live in NJ and work in NYC (1.5 hr commute each way) and have been out of town every weekend lately (everyone I know decided to get married in the last 2 months!!!). Also, with all of these weddings, I'm broke! Add the open water scuba lessons that start today (& the $450 worth of gear that I need for it) and I tink you can understand why I haven't done this yet. Then theres also all of the crap that I'm getting in order for my LLC (a whole other story).

Cke, I'd be happy to help guide you with your install, but I doubt that you'll have any problems because it looks really easy to do. The link that I posted at the beginning of this thread has a lot of good pics and directions.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:40 PM

The diagram " Below is a pic I found for the installation of stock tranny cooler kit for Honda Odyssey. I think that the engine and tranny orientation for Accord V6 and Odyssey (V6 also) is the same. Could you please verify that this is correct?"

I have i4, but as you said it's very similar. I think the most difficult thing will be figuring out which hose is which, and pulling the bumper if i need too. I've never really completely removed the bumper. Just a side of it. When removing it completely does the splash guard need to go?

Old 10-09-2007, 08:52 PM

feast your eyes on this baby! comes with everything you see here.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6381/B0E2FFAD42044F4FA949B675D6C689FA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-09-2007, 09:18 PM

Dang it only comes with 1 hose? I thought 2 were needed. Sigh...

Old 10-09-2007, 10:11 PM

i dunno how much you need, maybe you can cut it. the hose is just a rubber hose you could get at any auto parts store for cheap.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:32 AM

2 things 1. will the 404 fit on the accord? and 2. did any of the clips / ties come with the cooler? well actually 3. Cke, when you do your install please document it with pictures, it would be most helpful

Old 10-10-2007, 09:18 AM

ORIGINAL: 6genex

2 things 1. will the 404 fit on the accord? and 2. did any of the clips / ties come with the cooler? well actually 3. Cke, when you do your install please document it with pictures, it would be most helpful
it didnt come with any of that. the cooler is a universal part pretty much. it goes behind the radiator i think. you just have to find a way to secure it , with zip ties or whatever. shouldnt be hard at all.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Theres already a write-up for this on V6P.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...mission+cooler

Old 10-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Velo ..... I'm sure it can fit sideways, but for ease of installation, I think I'm going to go with the 403. The 404 is 3" longer, and based on this pic, it doesn't look like it can fit per the DIY. I'd love to help you unloading it, but I'm not going to make this harder on myself. Sorry!

Quick Reply: Transmission cooler