Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Turbo accord issues (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/turbo-accord-issues-67285/)

TurboAccord 11-06-2019 07:20 PM

Turbo accord issues

I have this issue where my car is not revving passed 5k rpm. I replaced the vss and it’s still doing it. The car runs a little smoother since I replaced the vss but it stops running smooth until it hits 5k. It sputters and seems to almost stop accelerating to 5k. So I’m lost. The car is turbo’d.

JimBlake 11-07-2019 11:05 AM

It would help if we knew what kind of car this is. Assuming it's some kind of Accord, this isn't really an "off-topic" question so I'm moving it to General Tech. where more people will see it & help.

TurboAccord 11-09-2019 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by JimBlake (Post 388104)
It would help if we knew what kind of car this is. Assuming it's some kind of Accord, this isn't really an "off-topic" question so I'm moving it to General Tech. where more people will see it & help.

I have a 1998 accord 2.3

JimBlake 11-09-2019 11:11 PM

OK so for 1998 the turbo is obviously not stock. We'd have to know exactly what's what with the turbo, and I'm probably not the best source for that.

shipo 11-10-2019 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by TurboAccord (Post 388140)
I have a 1998 accord 2.3

The fact is, there really isn't anything we can do over the internet, you need to either have the mechanical defects corrected and/or have the tune corrected.

TurboAccord 11-10-2019 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by shipo (Post 388148)
The fact is, there really isn't anything we can do over the internet, you need to either have the mechanical defects corrected and/or have the tune corrected.

I was told it was in the tune but I’m not sure. The car drives really smooth up until it hits 5k rpm. I’m thinking maybe the timing is off. I’m gonna check on that soon today. The car doesn’t make any noises or anything that’s why I’m just a bit clueless on what could be causing that.

shipo 11-10-2019 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by TurboAccord (Post 388149)
I was told it was in the tune but I’m not sure. The car drives really smooth up until it hits 5k rpm. I’m thinking maybe the timing is off. I’m gonna check on that soon today. The car doesn’t make any noises or anything that’s why I’m just a bit clueless on what could be causing that.

Odds on bet it isn't the timing.

TurboAccord 11-10-2019 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by shipo (Post 388151)
Odds on bet it isn't the timing.

would you have any idea what it could be if it isn’t timing? I wouldn’t think even if the timing is off just a little it would cause that.

shipo 11-10-2019 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by TurboAccord (Post 388156)
would you have any idea what it could be if it isn’t timing? I wouldn’t think even if the timing is off just a little it would cause that.

Please understand, you have a completely non-standard installation in your car; an installation none of us have ever seen. You need to have the issue professionally diagnosed.

The Toecutter 11-11-2019 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by shipo (Post 388159)
Please understand, you have a completely non-standard installation in your car; an installation none of us have ever seen. You need to have the issue professionally diagnosed.

Agreed. You'd have to talk with your tuner to fix it. This sounds more like an issue in the ECU, rather than something mechanical, which is why we say have a chat with your tuner.